Latest Posts

Topic: Fixing "Calculation Needed"

WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-11-24, 15:47

@JJG: You're welcome. And thanks for your posts

hessenfarmer wrote:

I believe if theres is a slope from building to flag the effects of slowing down uphill and accelerate downhil should average so it should be 3.6s all the time.

Not exactly, to be precise

How does skip work? Does it take the same amount of time as production?

no skipping takes 10 seconds I believe but you need to look into the c++ code to confirm this.

Is this bug not fixed already? I think that it build19 it was like that, but in build20 skipping doesn't take any non-neglectable time.

It looks like there is skip data comparisons for "needs" and "has" I can look at in more detail.

yes skipping is always done conditional either for economy reason (the ware is not needed) or production reason the inputs to produce the ware are not available. This reasons are normally defined in the lua code. Personally I believe we could and should only calculate performance in the good case (all inputs available and wares are needed). As this is where performance matters.

If one could distinguish if a building has low productivity because of missing wares or missing need, this would be a good feature. Or even if one couldn't distinguish it. However, the productivity numbers are broken anyway, so maybe we need a better implementation...

“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-11-24, 18:11

The skip bug is solved since build 20.

The way skips work is quite simple. A production program gets started and it checks whether the wäre isbnwededbor Not. If the economy doesn't need the ware itbskips the production and the programm ends. Before the program gets started again the logic checks whether the program finished with a skipped and whether this skip was more then 10 seconds ago. If not, the program doesn't get started. If it is more than 10 seconds since the program got skipped, it is removed from the skipped stack and started again.

Top Quote
JJG
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2019-11-25, 00:49

WorldSavior wrote:
@JJG: You're welcome. And thanks for your posts

If one could distinguish if a building has low productivity because of missing wares or missing need, this would be a good feature.
However, the productivity numbers are broken anyway, so maybe we need a better implementation...

My goal is to fix the productivity numbers that now show in the help as "Calculation needed". Did you means something other than that?

Edited: 2019-11-25, 01:05

Top Quote