Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Production/Consumption global instead of instant

anotherwidelander
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2018-08-28, 20:36

Hey, from my understanding, in the global stats, productions and consumptions for a resource goes up and then down again after a time. So it represent the instant production/consumption. However, IMHO, the total produced and the total consumed of each resources since the begin of the game would have one big advantage : At any point of the game, you would see how much of each resources you have produced in totality. So you can compare it between 2 different games, 2 different players, etc And for those who still wanna know how much was the instant production at one moment, it is still findable quickly by a simple subtraction, isn't it?

Top Quote
dreieck
Version: -git
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2018-08-29, 11:01

I second that. (Maybe a logarithmic slider + input field which select the time window over which the integration is carried out, where the smallest time window is the current setting and the biggest time window infinite?)

(empty signature.)

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-08-29, 11:08

Maybe a logarithmic slider + input field which select the time window over which the integration is carried out, where the smallest time window is the current setting and the biggest time window infinite

+1

I never look at those stats currently, because I find them pretty useless. Changing it like this would be a useful feature.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-08-30, 11:43

Sounds good to me - open a bug, please?

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-08-31, 11:13

https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1790095

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-08-31, 14:22

anotherwidelander wrote:

Hey, from my understanding, in the global stats, productions and consumptions for a resource goes up and then down again after a time. So it represent the instant production/consumption. However, IMHO, the total produced and the total consumed of each resources since the begin of the game would have one big advantage : At any point of the game, you would see how much of each resources you have produced in totality. So you can compare it between 2 different games, 2 different players, etc And for those who still wanna know how much was the instant production at one moment, it is still findable quickly by a simple subtraction, isn't it?

Which simple substraction? With current statistics it's not so easy to see the exact amounts in the past.

I like your suggestion and would also like to suggest something: Changing the diagrams a bit - replacing all line graphs by scatter graphs.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-08-31, 20:31

Which simple substraction? With current statistics it's not so easy to see the exact amounts in the past.

It´ll be possible to see the instant production (which is the information it now contains) at position -0, and the global sum (which was the suggestion) at -gametime. No calculation needed face-smile.png

Changing the diagrams a bit - replacing all line graphs by scatter graphs.

Why?

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-09-03, 00:25

Nordfriese wrote:

It´ll be possible to see the instant production (which is the information it now contains) at position -0, and the global sum (which was the suggestion) at -gametime. No calculation needed face-smile.png

But what is the instant production exactly at all?

Changing the diagrams a bit - replacing all line graphs by scatter graphs.

Why?

Because line graphs suggest to the players that the statistics are updated continuously even though they are only updated from time to time. So scatter graphs would be correct. But now I realized that they could be worse concerning visibility if many player graphs are in the window, so maybe it would be better if one could choose between scatter graphs and line graphs. However, this is only a wishlist point...

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote