Latest Posts

Topic: R15: The new flags

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-04-17, 17:24

My Congratulations to the new release! Nice to see WL improve more and more. Most prominent (for me) were the new flags on the roads. I love them - but I am always one for eye candy.

The funny thing about this is that there is always a lot more wind on the barbarian side of the world. - or that is what their flags suggest face-smile.png

What I personally find a bit disturbing, is that all these flags are animated in perfect synchronicity. It somehow looks "wrong". I wonder whether it was possible to play those animations with a different starting point each?

I've also seen the nice campfire for the imperial scout, the construction stages for the arena, and the atlantean Castle improvements. All very pleasing. So thanks for the new graphics!

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-04-17, 22:21

What I personally find a bit disturbing, is that all these flags are animated in perfect synchronicity. It somehow looks "wrong". I wonder whether it was possible to play those animations with a different starting point each?

The animations are played with different starting points, as surprising as that may be. Just place some flags and take a screenshot (press F11) to see for yourself.

I do have to agree though, they certainly appear to be very synchronous. I'm not sure what can be done about that. Perhaps a longer loop, or several loops that we alternate between at random, could be used.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-04-18, 08:54

On a second look, I have a feeling that those flags created manually differ, while the ones created with CTRL+LMB are all synchronous. AI-created flags all look fine.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-04-18, 12:22

Yes, you're right. The animation starts at the time when the flag is created, and of course Ctrl+LMB-created flags are created at exactly the same time.

Top Quote