Latest Posts

Topic: Carriers on strike for carrying tools

dude

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2010-04-17, 13:28

Ok. So far so good.. I've figured out a bit of how the game works and my world has been running for a day now.

I have mines, I have woodcutters, and I have sawmills; and now I have armourers and weapons smiths not occupied simply due to there being no tools.

But I have several toolsmithys now, and I've been getting now where. I finally went looking after I found my weapons smith not occupied, and found piles of tools outside my toolsmiths and the carriers just standing there stupidly not moving them.

I even created a new road and got a new carrier and he just stood there too.

Now the toolsmithys have no room left in front of them to add more, and there is no room to add raw materials, and everything is at a dead stop.

So now I'm dead in the water... HELP!

Top Quote
timowi

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2010-04-17, 18:23

Hi,

seem you have hit a bug which happens rare. I have seen this problem some times. But I was not able to reproduce this and it does not happen in most of the games I've played. For no I can only suggest starting a new game. Hopefully this will be fixt in the next release.

Timo

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-04-17, 22:10

I've never seen that. Has a bug report been filed for this already? If not, could you please file one, and (this is important) supply a save game where this can be seen.

Top Quote
timowi

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2010-04-17, 23:34

This one may be related: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/536367

But may be it's a different cause. I have seen this especially with weapons. But it happened in about two or three games until now. It was a completely unmodified version.

I have the suspicion that something can completely screw up the request. I was not able to debug this yet. But I am on it.

Top Quote
dude

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2010-04-18, 02:08

I did manage to fix it by blowing away the road and reconnecting.

For reference what seemed to be the cause having done that was the original carrier refused to move it, and even once I added an alternate route that carrier was still tagged to remove it. Blowing away his road "fired" him and got me a new carrier and solved the problem, or the alternate road carrier suddenly went "oh! work to do..". So hard to get good help these days...

Unfortunately that means I don't have a save game I think, but I will check. What I have explained here should give you hackers some clue as to the why's.

I'm running FreeBSD 8 RC1, build13-freebsd widelands.

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-04-18, 12:26

Uh, you're aware that build 15 was released a few days ago? Build 13 is one and a half years old.

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-04-18, 15:59

I found a bug related to this and fixed it in trunk (lp:widelands).

Top Quote