Latest Posts

Topic: Don't make smithies slower

WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-19, 10:51

I discovered that all buildings which create equipment for soldiers have been made much slower in trunk. What's the reason of that? I think that it's just a bad change and would suggest to change the buildings back.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-19, 11:59

I don't know exactly the reason but i think the relevant discussion was here.

Some branches which changed the production logic:

At least the last merge has a explanation.

You can look at the changes to each file if you search it in the code, e.g. for productionsites. Then click on the tribe -> the building -> the corresponding init.lua file. After that you can click on "View changes to this file" on the top. Then all branches which changed this file are shown. The commit message of each branch should give some information about the changes.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-19, 14:40

kaputtnik wrote:

I don't know exactly the reason but i think the relevant discussion was here.

Actually this has nothing to do with it. It seems like toptopple thinks so, but he is mistaken.

Some branches which changed the production logic:

At least the last merge has a explanation.

Thank you, there we have got the explanation:

toptopple (or who?) wrote:

The new values are required to compensate increased production speed in the "mixed resources" cases, which must be considered standard.

No. The production speed has not become increased, so it doesn't need compensation.

Mixed resources means there are not all resources supplied for the entire set of products the economy needs.

Though these changes may appear voluminous to some, actually they are still rather weak. I test-played them all and they render nicely. With only 2 houses "weapon-smith" (and 2 for armour) you receive a constant flow of equipment and can run your training camp at 100% if all raw resources are supplied.

That is not a "weak" change, as normally 1 weapon smith and 1 armoursmith are enough for a training camp, or almost.

And I checked that the atlantean armor smith has been more than enough for a labyrinth in build 19, but in trunk you need two armor smiths now for a perfectly running labyrinth.

The effects are two-fold: 1) production time values are lifted (e.g.t o allow for resupplies of raw material)

The "resupplying of raw material" has not become harder (just make sure that the building is not undersupplied), so it is not necessary.

kaputtnik wrote:

You can look at the changes to each file if you search it in the code, e.g. for productionsites. Then click on the tribe -> the building -> the corresponding init.lua file. After that you can click on "View changes to this file" on the top. Then all branches which changed this file are shown. The commit message of each branch should give some information about the changes.

Thanks, I didn't know that

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote