Latest Posts

Topic: Rethink some AI hints

WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-17, 22:42

Maybe some AI hints of some military buildings could be improved? (Fighting, Expansion and Mountain Conqueror)

I've got some ideas about it:

ATL

HIgh Tower: Add Fighting true

Tower: Add Fighting true

(Why? Both are useful for fighting because of their high vision range. Especially the high tower, which is never build by the AI yet. It has a faster healing rate than a guardhall.)

Maybe: Guardhouse: Fighing true ? Sometimes it is useful to build a guardhouse at the front, for example if you have not so much time to build bigger buildings or if you want to take the territory of the opponents quickly. The barbarian and imperial sentries have got also "fighting: true".

Does the castle have "expansion: true" because at some places you need a castle to reach the next field? On maps with good building ground, castles are not efficient for expansion...

BAR

Tower: Remove "Expansion true" and " Mountain conqueror true" - Is there any reason why those AI-hints are here? In both points, the barrier is better, as it has got the same conquer radius and lower costs, and it's built faster.

Barrier: add maybe everything: expansion true, mountain conqueror true, fighting true

So, the barrier should be a mountain conqueror, because it's often needed if you cannot reach enough of the mountains with sentries only. Sometimes it is needed for expansion (if sentries are not good enough) and it's a good building for fighting anyway...

Should the Citadel have AI-hints? It costs twice as much as a fortress, so it's probably not an effective building... So maybe not.

EMP

barrier: add maybe "expansion" true? sometimes it's good for expansion

castle has no AI-hints, that's probably fine, as it's very expensive - isn't it?

The tower should have "fighting: true" - maybe also "expansion - true", for some situations where you need it to reach fields which are unreachable by barriers?

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Tibor

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-18, 03:55

Did you test your proposals? Do you see significant differences?

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-18, 14:23

No, but I know that the Atlantean AI suffers from building almost no towers at the front (empire probably as well) and no high towers.

by the way, I could imagine that building high towers at the front could be complicated for the AI, as enhancing tower means loosing their protection for the time that the high tower is constructed and empty.

Top Quote
Tibor

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-18, 19:27

AI is not able to upgrade militarysites right now....

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-19, 01:39

Tibor wrote:

AI is not able to upgrade militarysites right now....

Okay... Has anyone thought about teaching the AI how to upgrade towers? That's the best military building upgrade by far, at least in my opinon

Top Quote