Latest Posts

Topic: Cattle Farm and Leather:

Spiceskull

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-12-07, 14:41

Hiya,

In my 'tweaking' adventures I have built a Cattle Farm, which works the same way as the Empire Piggery, but produces Leather as well as Meat.

In turn this Leather goes to the Armoursmith, because we all know that whilst Cloth is used in making Armour, so is Leather ... especially the Helmets and Tunics that most soldiers would wear.

Another 'tweaking adventure' is having another Smelter works, defined as Goldsmith, and making Gold Coins. I think all workers deserve a daily wage (of one Gold Coin) and so this is reflected in the [inputs] costs for each production cycle.

Cheers, Adam.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-12-07, 17:02

Hey Adam, face-smile.png

Your ideas sound interesting however - to say it in short - there are more people saying Widelands tribes' economies are too complex than people that say that the economies are unfinished or unlogical.

So you are of course free to create, update and (if you like) even upload your changed files and link them as unofficial addon to the download section. But I doubt it will ever go to our main line.

But well - there are other games like simutrans, that have more than a handful of different game data sets and all are played by different players, so your will surely find enough players as well face-smile.png

Cheers

Peter

Top Quote
Spiceskull

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-12-07, 17:10

Hey - I think you guys do a great job, and sure, we could have a rivet smith to make shields etc ...

Some people like it more complicated than others, and I'm one of them ... this was only an idea for people to play with, and I didn't expect it to make it into any release.

I find the best fun to be had with WL is the hacking we can do to make the games we want to play ... so a huge thank you for that.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-12-07, 17:48

Aye what I wrote was not meant to be negative - definitely not! face-smile.png

I just thought, that those people that "like it more complicated than others" would be happy to be able to download a complete set instead of doing all changes themselves. That's why I saied it would be great, if you publish your work as unofficial addon. face-smile.png

Top Quote
Spiceskull

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-12-08, 15:45

I will make a tribe available sometime ... but as I'm sure you know, RL takes precedence, and these things take a lot of time ...

Top Quote