Latest Posts

Topic: scenario AI

hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-12-06, 19:26

Hi Tinker, Basically the scenario is about ressource management, but that should not making it to easy to win the final fight. Therefore I'll try the hint with the coal ressources. I had the AI in one iteration to advance that far south that it was nearly impossible to win. But in recent versions they got stuck mostly by building to much sentries instead of clearing the terrain from stone so I focused on the stone but I'll give them some more coal as well. Regarding the proffreading of my scenario I'm more than happy to follow either way. however I'm afraid I can't afford to do all the rework until january. Although I'll try my very best to finish it earlier. However I'm very pleased that you and other player's (e.g. simplypeachy, venatrix and others) enjoyed it even in this real immature state. Thanks for all the good and productive feedback. I'm really interested to get it to a more mature state. Many thanks as well to Gunchleoc who is willing to help regardless all of her duties as chieftain.

regards hessenfarmer

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-12-12, 22:14

Just uploaded a newer version with the bug fixed and some map improvements to make the AI perform better. Next step will be the scripting improvements.

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2016-12-13, 10:05

I have done half a dozen playthroughs and noyiced that sometimes the ai never mine coal or iron, this restrrcts them greatly. Once their initial iron stock has gone they stagnate.

It seems in thesee games they never find the small iron deposit, well it is large but in a small area. I have never seen them expand to the north east, usually they build a sentry on the narrow entrance and can not see any further building plots. In about 50% of games their expansion west, either north or south of the gold mountains is blocked by them building a small military on a space where a larger would fit and allow them to see the next build site.

I will do some runs with the bew version later this week, got a big release of another game due .

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-12-13, 16:35

Hi hessenfarmer,

i played the scenario, but i got no message what to do when the 50 wheat are made. Wouldn't it make sense to have the additional tasks also in the objectives?

This is a nice scenario, but in my mind the there is too much wait time:

• Waiting that stones are cutted
  • Waiting for producing wheat
  • Waiting for producing cloth

Because i have so much waiting time, i tried in the meantime to discover more of the small island. Then i found that for an expedition gold is missing, so i build a smelting works, a tavern, a vineyard and a winery. All in between the waiting time to get wheat/cloth.

I think this is the reason why i got no message when the 50 wheat are produced?

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-05, 23:01

Hi everybody,

I I have just uploaded a new version of the Map / Scenario. The changes I made were all inspired by all the feedback in the forum. So many thanks from my side for the feedback. Now the Ai is performing a lot better on the map so have fun fighting them. The scenario itself now is deserialized and the different objectives are triggered by the player reaching spaces or completing other objectives. Any suggestions for other message boxes are really welcome and will be implemented if reasonable. Just send me the trigger and the intended message or objective. The same is valid for any map improvement, although that is tricky because it cost me alot of testing to get the Ai performing that good. I think we shall reach a final version by around march and than we can start for example proof reading and transalation.

best regards hessenfarmer

Top Quote
Lokimaros
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2017-01-06, 14:52

And then I take a look to correct spelling and/or typing mistakes? "too easy", "contact", Tinker.

A fellow pedant. face-wink.png

Top Quote
stdh
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2017-01-07, 16:24

I was just about to leave some (late) feedback here, and now I see you have a new version ready. Great! For some years I was looking forward to some new campaign scenarios, I'm very happy to see you made one. Question for the wider community: is this a good candidate for the third map in the imperial campaign? Any objections to that?

Now let's see what you improved in 2.0!

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-01-30, 14:27

I have been trying with this again. I get the sonemason message as soon as I build his hut even if I have not built any wood production, the message says that as I have all three buildings I should adjust the marble pillars, but often I have not got the sawmill and I tried it without a woodcutter as well. If I start using gold for expeditions while the miners and smelters are working then I never get to 6 gold in warehouses and the objective stays as not done.

The barbarians cetainly advance faster now, by the time I got to the small island to get iron I was bloked by their border covering the only expansion spaces on the island. When I got to invade their island they were far to strong, having no space to build training all my soldiers were untrained, they swept through my forces almost unopposed.

I just updated to 8267 and now get a lua coreroutine error, attept to call nil value by scroll_smoothly_to(sea,5) in mission thread lua.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-30, 15:00

Yes, we change the scrolling code recently, so that will have to be reworked in the scenario.

https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/trunk/revision/8235

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-01-30, 15:55

OK changing the two entries to scroll_to_field fixed it.

Top Quote