Latest Posts

Topic: Improving Production Sites

WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-30, 20:04

GunChleoc wrote:

How about getting rid of the first sleep entirely?

I don't know what happens then. But I don't like the fact that - for example - the atlantean armor smity produces only one type of shields if the iron supply is low... So it was my idea that the little time of 0.1 seconds could achieve that the production probability of both shields is 50% if the second iron arrives in the smithy. I could be wrong with this thesis, I didn't test it.

Does anybody know how much time a building waits if it skips a cycle? I guess that this time is not zero, because there could be some infinite loops in that case.

By the way, the smokery is another building where we should get rid of the first sleep time or replace it by 0.1 seconds or something like that... And there may be another building, but I probably forgot it...

Edit: Considering the atlantean armor smithy I was wrong, so maybe they 0.1 seconds are not necessary. Probably I'll explain my mistake soon

Edit2: Okay, the behavior of that armor smithy doesn't have to do that much with the fact if there are 0.1 seconds sleep time or 0. Sorry for my mistake. But maybe the atlantean weapon smithy is a good example?

By the way, I discovered that the lines with "consume" are not always at the best places now. For example it's their fault that the armor smithy behaves in the described way.

Edited: 2018-01-31, 12:39

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-31, 15:28

The minimum time elapsed between program steps is 10ms.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-01-31, 17:00

GunChleoc wrote:

The minimum time elapsed between program steps is 10ms.

Thanks for the info

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote