Latest Posts

Topic: Is There Build Newer Than 18?

Sagar
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2016-06-01, 19:29

"This map requires a version of Widelands newer than build18!"

I was downloading maps and they didnt work and then i saw this Any help will be appreciated !!

I am new to forum so pls move this topic if this is not right place for it face-smile.png

Top Quote
fuchur

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2016-06-01, 19:51

Hello Sagar, and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately there is no newer official build than b18. But you can try the latest development builds. See the download page for links for different operating systems.

https://wl.widelands.org/wiki/Download/#unofficial-development-builds

Edited: 2016-06-01, 19:51

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-06-01, 19:56

Hi Sagar and welcome to our forums face-smile.png

Yes, there are newer builds available. These are currently developement builds, but are running fine. You could find links to them in our Wiki: Downloads/Unofficial developments builds

Have fun face-smile.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
Sagar
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2016-06-01, 20:03

Thank you all for your quick response face-smile.png

I have only one question , the maps that are in "THE GAME" section are meant to be played on which build ? and i have also tried those map on unofficial build-Widelands-bzr8007(windows 64 bit) besides build 18

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-06-01, 20:37

if they have written that they need a build newer than 18, any of the trunks will do. they did something that broke compatibility after build 18, but they restored it afterwards. Anyway, if a map was made with build 7600, you can open it with build 8000. that one is not a concern. current trunks have some compatibility problems, for example trunk 7900 cannot open a saved game made with trunk 7800 - while build 18 could open saved games made with build 14, I am told. Those compatibility issues are because they are changing fundamental stuff in the code,and they are the reason they don't want to make an official build 19 just yet.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-06-01, 20:42

Yes, we have been breaking savegame compatibiltiy during the current release cycle. Old maps will still work with the current version though (even Settlers II maps), but old savegames won't.

The reason that we don't have a new release yet is that we have a few bugs that still needs fixing. Most of them are related to problems with certain graphics drivers though, so you should be able to play a current development build without problems.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-06-01, 20:47

Sagar wrote:

I have only one question , the maps that are in "THE GAME" section are meant to be played on which build ?

It depends on the hint "This map requires a version of Widelands newer than build18!". A map with this hint is made with a newer version of widelands and couldn't be played with an older version of widelands. You could play every map with a new version of widelands, but not new maps with an older version of widelands.

The background: In Build 18 maps where restricted to a particular "world" (Blackland, Summer, Desert, Winter), where each world has his own set of terrains. Versions after build 18 do not have this restriction anymore. So a new map could consist of terrains of all worlds. Older versions of widelands couldn't handle this (loading terrains from different worlds).

Top Quote
Sagar
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2016-06-01, 21:46

it seems i was trying to save maps in wrong place(program files> maps) the correct place as suggested by "kaputtnik" worked perfectly

users/usrname/maps/My_maps

the directory was missing in my bzr8007 Thank you all for your time :0

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-06-01, 22:12

Sagar wrote:

it seems i was trying to save maps in wrong place(program files> maps) the correct place as suggested by "kaputtnik" worked perfectly

users/usrname/maps/My_maps

the directory was missing in my bzr8007 Thank you all for your time :0

Corresponding Bugreport

Top Quote