Topic: Scenarios

kaputtnik
Topic Opener
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-03-26, 19:27

I don't understand the scenarios...

Why are Multiplayer scenarios available for normal playing? F.e. Island hopping could be chosen in a single player session. Makes it sense to play this map as a normal map? (I didn't test it) The description says it is a special thing for Atlanteans, but as a normal game i could choose also other tribes.

What is the difference between "Trident of Fire" and "The green plateau"? If i check the scenario checkbox in Single player mode, only "The green plateau" is shown. Whereas only "Trident of fire" is shown when choosing "Multiplayer" in the Main menu. Both are scenarios.... So what is the difference between them?

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-03-27, 09:18

Why are Multiplayer scenarios available for normal playing?

Because nobody has written code to remove them from view. This is still a leftover from the time that any scenario map could also be played as a normal map.

F.e. Island hopping could be chosen in a single player session. Makes it sense to play this map as a normal map? (I didn't test it) The description says it is a special thing for Atlanteans, but as a normal game i could choose also other tribes.

I guess Smugglers could be played as a normal map, but Island Hopping can't (no port spaces).

What is the difference between "Trident of Fire" and "The green plateau"? If i check the scenario checkbox in Single player mode, only "The green plateau" is shown. Whereas only "Trident of fire" is shown when choosing "Multiplayer" in the Main menu. Both are scenarios.... So what is the difference between them?

Trident of Fire is a Multiplayer scenario also, but it has no story message boxes. It could theoretically be played as a single player scenario as well, if somebody added an init script to it. I guess this is why it wasn't placed in the multiplayer scenario folder.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote