Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Shipped maps overhaul

GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-03-25, 11:15

OK, I'm done proofreading. @einstein: I changed "Wideworld" to "Wide World", because I think that looks better. If you disagree, I'll be happy to change it back.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Hasi50
Version: 1.2 (selfcompiled master etc)
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2016-03-25, 11:56

I am just trying that Archipellago, nice idea. Playing as Atlanter I have quite some trouble getting my economy to work. Why is there no game anywhere? A bit of hunting would help me to start (and we have ducks, that would fit face-smile.png

Here are the widelands where people may dwell, walking around care that evrythings well.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Topic Opener
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-03-25, 14:00

@Einstein13: For The Nile v2 there are suggested teams described and one description has only a 3 vs 4 situation:

• (Red vs Blue)
  • (Yellow & Blue vs Red & Green)
  • (White & Purple vs Orange & Black)
  • Blue & white & Purple vs Red & Orange & Black)
  • (Yellow & Purple & White vs Red & Green & Black & Orange) -> This one
  • (Blue & Yellow & Purple & White vs Red & Orange & Black & Green)

Is this intended or is there only the blue player missing for the first team?

Edited: 2016-03-25, 14:00

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-03-25, 14:24

@GunCheloc: feel free to make aqny changes. The name was a mix of "Widelands" and "World". But if you think that different name is better - it can be changed face-wink.png

@kaputtnik: Blue is missing. Sorry for that face-wink.png

Edited: 2016-03-25, 14:28

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-03-25, 14:55

Hasi50 wrote:

I am just trying that Archipellago, nice idea. Playing as Atlanter I have quite some trouble getting my economy to work. Why is there no game anywhere? A bit of hunting would help me to start (and we have ducks, that would fit face-smile.png

there is no game because those islands are too small to support a significant animal population. at least one that cannot swim. on the plus side there is more fish than you can reasonably consume in a normal game, so getting meat/fish should not be a problem. the problem is getting wood, because there's not much space for growing good forests. a good way to improve it is to place isolated flags or dead-end roads to block the worst places for trees, so that foresters will be forced to only plant trees in the good spots; but there really is no way around, production of wood is slow in that map. on the other hand, atlanteans have the advantage that they need less farms than others, and farm space is limited on archipelago sea. so the two compensates.

Top Quote
Hasi50
Version: 1.2 (selfcompiled master etc)
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2016-03-28, 20:03

OK, I played Archipelago until I conquered motst of the Map and king_of_nowhere is correct. forcing the Forrest in the desired location can give you a headache.

I now started the Nile, which is an interesting aproach, but it is so huge, that I lost overview before actually running into an enemy. I had a similar Idea but with 1x1 only (Crossriver). Is there any idea to kind of shrink taht map for 3 players? I can not think of any occasion when I would play this in the intenert. Exepect for a 3 Day Lan-Party, perhaps face-smile.png

Here are the widelands where people may dwell, walking around care that evrythings well.

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-03-29, 15:17

The Nile was designed to be huge. I've played for a longer time (>12 hours of gametime) with other player via Internet (previous version of the map, the same size but different types of terrains). It was fun :). With changing speed of game it isn't so hard. For sure, splitting it to multiple evenings is good idea (use saves of the game!).

Single player mode can be finished in a time less than 12 hours. King of nowhere managed to do that. I guess that my last game was shorter too. There are few tips how to do that face-wink.png

If you have almost the same experience friends, the game can last (almost) forever. Note that the resources in the mountains are (almost) limitless. Mine everything and change into soldiers.

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-03-31, 09:14

I have just merged the new maps. Thank you for your hard work on this face-smile.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-04-01, 08:44

There is a question on Transifex regarding the description of Fellowships.

This is a somewhat technical map, and it is best suited for two or three human players. Coal is hard to find – consider making some. There is gold near the starting point – do you see it?

The question is: "a somewhat technical map" – what does that mean?

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Topic Opener
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-04-01, 09:20

Fellowships was changed a bit by Teppo and added to the Bug report. Because i don't know how Teppo is active here in forum i also made a post to that bugreport.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote