Latest Posts

Topic: Multiplayer Scenario

dershrimp

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2015-05-09, 14:52

Hey guys,

I just noticed: I never played a multiplayer scenario map. Well, there are just 3 maps that can be player in multiplayer scenario mode, right? Anyway, I would really like to try this. So I have 3 questions:

Anyone played these yet? Was it fun, did it work? Anyone interested in playing "Trident of Fire", "Island Hopping" or "Smugglers"?

Cheers, sh

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-05-09, 14:59

never tried them. i could. the main problem is that every time i go in lobby there is no one to play.

and today I think I will be busy

Edited: 2015-05-09, 15:00

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-05-09, 21:22

Trident of Fire is one that you could play against AIs in Multiplayer mode. The others will only be fun playing against other human players.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-05-10, 02:04

Trident of Fire is something I liked face-smile.png One bad step and you lose face-wink.png

With Smugglers- I've played once, but you have to have 4 people at once.

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
dershrimp

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2015-05-17, 12:35

I played Trident of Fire: I should have checked my wares before building buildings. face-smile.png Is there someone who did NOT have to start twice this scenario? =) So, yes it was something new and fun in the beginning, but then there was nothing more special, was there? I did not played it until the end, I got bored, when the military was big enough to dominate the enemies. I hope I didn't miss some special scenario events which were supposed to happen afterwards. But it was definately fun.

Top Quote
DragonAtma
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-05-17, 13:29

I believe I finished Trident of Fire vs AIs with no problem.

Ancient Sun Of Fire, however, probably requires a restart. I fully controlled the center (and three quarters of the map), but Black managed to completely clog his chokepoint with a fortress -- and IIRC any version that fixes the "soldiers can't walk through military buildings" bug also is incompatible with the save. He also managed to occupy enough of orange's area that I can't attack orange (a bit of scout luck should let me take a building or two, but there's no way to connect to it, so the rest of orange would be safe).

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-05-17, 18:23

dershrimp wrote:

I played Trident of Fire: I should have checked my wares before building buildings. face-smile.png Is there someone who did NOT have to start twice this scenario? =)

I had to restart, because I did built one building too soon (bad calculations). I did checked everything at the beggining and I knew that I have to build buildings in proper order, but I did some mistakes face-smile.png So I think that I had to start only one and a half time face-tongue.png

but then there was nothing more special, was there?

1. Constant growth palm trees in the center of map

2. Volcano eruptions

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
dershrimp

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2015-05-17, 22:44

einstein13 wrote:

1. Constant growth palm trees in the center of map

2. Volcano eruptions

Ok, yes, I noticed that. + the "land-bridges" to the centre and to the mountains appeared only when a ship "discovered that part of land"

Top Quote