kaputtnik
Topic Opener
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-11-13, 21:03

I think previous/next buttons should be in the line with # of buildings:

status tab 2

The strings may not the right ones .... but something like this would be great face-smile.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
Tibor

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-11-13, 21:44

This looks good to me, except the texts, but this would be a detail...

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-11-14, 07:57

Yep, no need to proofread the English right now, because that would be taken care of when this gets implemented.

I just thought of something that makes things more difficult? What about enhanced buildings? E.g. when I'm looking at a deep coalmine, will we list/step through coalmines and deeper coalmines as well?

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
DragonAtma
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2014-11-14, 08:14

You could always make the window a line or two taller and list the number of advanced buildings below.

Coal mine
(((tabs go here)))
Productivity: 65%+
Average performance: 15%
Building count: 5
Under construction: 2
Deep coal mines: 3 (average 20%)
Deeper coal mines: 1 (average 10%)
(((bottom buttons go here)))

If you go with this, it may be best to have the window automatically expand if needed (within reason, of course -- and add a scrollbar if needed), as someone may add a building that can expand multiple ways or multiple times.

Edited: 2014-11-14, 08:16

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-11-14, 17:16

I think the more is placed on such a statistic-tab, the more you get closer to the building statistic window itself:

statistic-window

Surely with some colummns or rows fewer (e.g. the size-colummn isn't needed). In case of making such a statistic tab in the buildings window, you could also make only a button wich opens the building statistic window wich scrolls and select automatically the appropriate building.

GunChleoc wrote:

I just thought of something that makes things more difficult? What about enhanced buildings? E.g. when I'm looking at a deep coalmine, will we list/step through coalmines and deeper coalmines as well?

Mostly enhanced buildings where next to a non enhanced building i think. Therfore you could choose an enhanced Building if it comes into view, when previous/next is clicked.

In case of military buildings stepping through all such buildings, regardless of the size, is not what i wanted.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-11-14, 17:45

kaputtnik wrote: In case of military buildings stepping through all such buildings, regardless of the size, is not what i wanted.

We can distinguish between military buildings and production sites in the code, so not including enhanced/unenhanced versions of a military building shouldn't be a problem.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Tibor

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-11-14, 22:25

I would stay with this design: https://wl.widelands.org/forum/post/11547/

In regard to enhanced buildings - they not allways produce the same goods as lower versions. Mines are rather exemption then a rule.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-11-15, 03:24

Maybe we make an exception for mines only then? We can tell if a building is a mine.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-11-18, 14:36

I think this could be shown for all buildings, exept the headquarter which could only be once at a game. But showing such a statistic tab for the hq wouldn't be a problem too. If it is shown only for some types of buildings, it could be confusing.

The previous/next buttons should only switch to the same buildings, not to enhanced buildings. Switching to enhanced buildings could be later discussed, if some experience with this feature is made face-smile.png

In case of ports this feature would be very usefull i think. On great maps where you possibly have a lot of ports, and forgot to store the viewpoint with CTRL+NR.... face-grin.png This applys also to other buildings wich are spread on a wider area.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-11-18, 20:03

Production statistics only make sense for production buildings anyway, so how about we split these ideas into 2 features:

1. Add previous / next buttons to the bottom of the building window, like so: next Button in Workers-tab

2. Add a statistics tab to production site windows, like so, but without the arrows (because we already have them on the bottom: status tab 2

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote