Latest Posts

Topic: Con super-flat Forum-Structure

Adamant

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-06-22, 10:42

A flat Forum-Structure allows to switch directly to all given Fora but it's less comfortable for Selection due to the Entries are not that clearly grouped like by SubFora and IMO Forum-Users have seldom totally broad spreaded Interests. Let's define few typical Forum-Users: Regular Players which are concerned about playing the Game, Players which are also Content-Developers (eg Maps) and Game-Developers. All three share their Interest to refer to the HP at least to report Bugs&Problems with the Site resp the HP as H for all that Type of Users concerns to all that Type of Users (InterSectionSet).

HP,User,Content-Developer, Game-Developer are the 4 Sections resp Super-Fora I can identify.

a Matter I don't understand is that there exist Player-Fora for 4 different Languages (excellent), eg. "[English] ]PlayerForum" but anyway there exist also a Forum "Playing WideLands" and I wonder what different Meanings they may have. So I suggest to merge them and move those PlayerFora into an own Super-Forum "Player Forum".

So I get 4 Top-Fora which look to me rather tidy:

[HomePage Forum] -- Issues about Using the WebSite [Player Forum] -- Issues about playing WideLands [Content Developer Forum] -- Issues about Content Development [Game Developer Forum] -- Issues about Game Development (eg. Suggestions)

edit you like blank Lines? below the Matter clearly seperated be DOUBLED NewLines

[HomePage Forum] -- Issues about Using the WebSite

Report Problems with HP

Suggestions for HP

[Player Forum] -- Issues about playing WideLands

[Deutsch] SPIELERFORUM

[Espanol] FORO DE JUGADORES

[Francaise] FORUM DE JOUEURS

[English] PLAYER FORUM

Tips&Tricks playing a Map/Campaign  -- regular Playing

Technical Help with the Game             -- If you don't get the Game started or compiled

Bugs&Problems playing a Campaign   -- irregular Things while Playing like Objectives you can't archive

[Content Developer Forum] -- Issues about Content Development

MapDesign

Graphical ArtWork

Sound&Music

World/Tribe/Site/Unit -- Editing CONF-Files

StoryBoard -- A good Campaign require a good Story

Lua -- Programming Lua for WideLands

Campaign -- Integrating Stuff into a single Package/AddOn

Linguistic -- Translation&Internationalization

[Game Developer Forum] -- Issues about Game Development from Player's Scope || they regulary not go LaunchPad to ...

Suggestions -- Suggesting new Features for the Game

Bugs&Errors -- Reporting Bugs or Things you think to be Bugs

edit you DON'T like blank Lines? below same Matter seperated be SINGLE NewLines!! What the ..

[HomePage Forum] -- Issues about Using the WebSite Report Problems with HP Suggestions for HP [Player Forum] -- Issues about playing WideLands [Deutsch] SPIELERFORUM [Espanol] FORO DE JUGADORES [Francaise] FORUM DE JOUEURS [English] PLAYER FORUM Tips&Tricks playing a Map/Campaign -- regular Playing Technical Help with the Game -- If you don't get the Game started or compiled Bugs&Problems playing a Campaign -- irregular Things while Playing like Objectives you can't archive [Content Developer Forum] -- Issues about Content Development MapDesign Graphical ArtWork
Sound&Music World/Tribe/Site/Unit -- Editing CONF-Files StoryBoard -- A good Campaign require a good Story Lua -- Programming Lua for WideLands Campaign -- Integrating Stuff into a single Package/AddOn Linguistic -- Translation&Internationalization [Game Developer Forum] -- Issues about Game Development from Player's Scope || they regulary not go LaunchPad to ... Suggestions -- Suggesting new Features for the Game Bugs&Errors -- Reporting Bugs or Things you think to be Bugs

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote