Latest Posts

Topic: How do we load a custom map?

grantmasterflash

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-01-27, 09:51

Having played all the included maps I wanted to download a map from widelands.org and use it in Wideelands but I don't see instructions on how to do that. Is that because I haven't written them yet (being that it's opensource)?. I can as soon as I figure it out.

It seems that on the Maps Download page there should be a head that says "Place maps in ...."

Top Quote
grantmasterflash

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-01-27, 10:06

I ran strace on Widelands and it looked for a ~/.widelands/maps directory so I made that directory and placed the map in there and it loaded fine. I'm going to put this on my website so that way the next time I forget and google it I'll get the instructions.

I think that on the maps download page here there should be a short explanation about how to use these maps.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-01-27, 11:09

Hi grantmasterflash,

good to see you found the solution yourself and yes you are completely right, that those instructions should be placed somewhere on the maps download page - maybe a link to a wikipage explaining the way to go for different operating systems.

I opened a bug report for this issue: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands-website/+bug/1106783

Top Quote