Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: problems and suggestions

jzm

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-07-26, 09:29

hello widelands community!! i started playing widelands a few days ago and i have got some porblems with the game: 1)is the tutorial only 2 missions long or have i got a problem(because these 2 missions dont discribe the large buildings and the military infrastructure) 2)my woodhardner doesnot work.he has got 6 wood but he doesnt make hard wood out of it.(same problem with lime kiln and metalwork shop) 3)when there are more than 8 things on a flag the carriers have no access to the flag so they run on the same point and do nothing.

now some suggestions from me: a) make a longer tutorial which dicribes the military infrastructureand the big buildings. b) make endless material slots at the flags or create a direct transport from A to B by only one carrier.

hope you can help me and consider my suggestions.please write what you think of them. thanks jzm

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-07-26, 10:07

okay here comes the answer:

1)is the tutorial only 2 missions long or have i got a problem

Depends on the version you use. If you use build12 or build13 there at least should pop up the other campaign for the Empire. If you use our current development snapshot you should be able to play the third barbarian campaign mission.

2)my woodhardner doesnot work.he has got 6 wood but he doesnt make hard wood out of it.

okay sounds as if you are using Build13. This is no bug, they are only producing if you really need those wares. Elese (if working without pause) they would eat up all your basic wares.

3)when there are more than 8 things on a flag the carriers have no access to the flag so they run on the same point and do nothing.

Yes you are right. However the only workaround for now is to build parallel roads and to try to make each road part as short as possible (best only two steps) In future we plan to implement a second carrier type for each tribe so streets like the one you describe will get another worker to carry the stuff. But well that's a future feature face-wink.png

a) make a longer tutorial which dicribes the military infrastructureand the big buildings.

already done. If you take a look at our development snapshot you will find a third mission for the barbarians face-smile.png

b) make endless material slots at the flags or create a direct transport from A to B by only one carrier.

see above - we will improve the transportation with a second carrier type

Cheers

Nasenbaer

Edited: 2009-07-26, 10:08

Top Quote
jzm

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-07-27, 09:24

thanks for discription

Top Quote