Latest Posts

Topic: campaign pictures

BjornKeks

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-06-14, 20:41

I searched, but I could not find the campaign pictures... actual there is only the barbarian campaign and I would like to redo the pictures and also for the empire and the atlanteans... but my search gave me no results :(. Could anyone point me in the direction please?

Lieber einen Lebkuchen, als einen toten Keks!

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-15, 10:04

The images are in campaigns/*.wmf/pics/* . I absolutely loved the horse in your picture - it is hilarious and beautiful at the same time :). t are the barbarian missions, atl the atlanteans and emp* the empire. To play anything else but the barbarians you need to win the other missions first.

Edited: 2013-06-15, 10:06

Top Quote
BjornKeks

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-06-15, 11:03

After I saw the picture I did in the night I really hat to erase and forget it... it was horrible... Here is the new and way better version.

derkex.eu/barbarenfuhrer.jpg (yes, I like Brave and the whole pixar design face-wink.png )

Sadly I rationalized the horse away. But I could add a similar horse in an other picture ;).

Thanks@ SirVer for pointing in the direction and loving the horse face-grin.png

EDIT: I added the Barbarian Chieftain to my download-section. He is now in the right size and file-format. Just visit derkex.eu

Edited: 2013-06-15, 11:34

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-15, 11:26

Wow! That portrait looks awesome and brilliant! I already liked your icons (although I could not decide, between the old fashioned ones and yours), but this portrait is just great face-smile.png ! Good work!

Top Quote
Tino

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2013-06-15, 11:28

Wow, i really like your style of art!

Would love to see this in widelands for the campaigns...

Top Quote
BjornKeks

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-06-15, 11:38

Thanks, guys!

It was really fun drawing him. But it took me about 4 hours to draw him... so it'll take time, to do the other ones :).

As I said in my earlier post, you can now download him at derkex.eu

I would be honored to find him in the official game-update face-wink.png

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-15, 11:40

BjornKeks wrote:

Thanks, guys!

It was really fun drawing him. But it took me about 4 hours to draw him... so it'll take time, to do the other ones :).

As I said in my earlier post, you can now download him at derkex.eu

I would be honored to find him in the official game-update face-wink.png

If it is okay for you, to license the picture under GPL - as whole Widelands is - (at least I am sure) we surely will. But of course it would be great to have a unique style in game face-wink.png - so we better have similar nice portraits for the other persons of the campaign. face-grin.png

Top Quote
BjornKeks

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-06-15, 11:52

Well sure. I do the pictures for the game, so you are free to use them. Should I write the license in the meta data of the picture, or is it atomatically GPL, if no one claims a right?

I'll do the other ones too... withe SirVers beloved horse face-wink.png

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-15, 12:26

BjornKeks wrote:

Well sure. I do the pictures for the game, so you are free to use them. Should I write the license in the meta data of the picture, or is it atomatically GPL, if no one claims a right?

Neither the one, nor the other - your written permission - as you did in your post - is needed and should be enough. face-smile.png

I'll do the other ones too... withe SirVers beloved horse face-wink.png

great to hear face-smile.png

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-15, 12:56

Nasenbaer wrote:

BjornKeks wrote:

Neither the one, nor the other - your written permission - as you did in your post - is needed and should be enough. face-smile.png

Oh well I have to correct myself here in one point.

GPL is about OpenSource therefore it requires that the sources are available for further work. If you draw a picture as pixelart (no layers or 3D rendering) the picture itself is the source itself, but else the project file (.blend, .xcf, ...) is needed. We've got a widelands-media repository for this over at launchpad.net

However, even if someone takes your sources and produces art based upon it, (s)he must still name you as original author - so you keep your Urheberrecht / copyright on the original work - you just allow to use it under GPL. face-smile.png

Top Quote