Latest Posts

Topic: Horses either don't eat Cereals or die

Adamant

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-05-04, 17:08

Tribe Emperial: Hay and HayFarm added. ArtWork still need to replaced. Donkey and Sheep eat Hay now. Piggery left unchanged. HayFarm produce Hay, Hay in WareList (looks still like Wheat!!), Donkey- and SheepFarm consume Hay instead Wheat. GamePlay need to get tested. Would test GamePlay better but have to wait for. Will do other 2 Tribe next Days.

Usage: Extract Archiv below wl/tribes/
'New Tribe' is named Empire2.
Old Tribe Empire will left untouched in Game.

Plz feel free to convert Archiv into a OSS-Format like Tar and XZ/B2Z/GZ/.. or something other free&serious.

Download Tribe Empire2: http://www.file-upload.net/download-7551726/Empire2.rar.html

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote
flipflipsen

Version: 1.1
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2013-05-06, 06:56

Hi,

I downloaded the file and extracted the archive. After selected a map and selected Empire2 as tribe, I got a Game data error.

I do not know how to insert a picture, but you can see the Game data error on following site:

http://members.razcall.com/tukkie/Empire2.png

Top Quote
Adamant

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-05-06, 13:39

Rather strange as I did not access Builder-Conf. I did try to reproduce that Error by using Tribe from Archive instead from local created/modified Tribe and no Error occoured. It's probably about the used BZR-Version, you did use other than the Release I used from regular WK-DownLoad-Section.

I did inspect BZR and my CONF and find that there is a significant Change in the Head of Builder's conf. The Line declaring Use of an SFX-File disappeared totally. Below I left (added) it as Comment:

[code] ----------------------------[Release 17]----------------------------

help=_Works at construction sites to create a new building. soundfx=../../../sound/hammering/hammering ...

----------------------------[ BZR 6567 ]---------------------------- help=_Works at construction sites to create a new building.

soundfx=../../../sound/hammering/hammering --- disappear

[/code] I can't use any File-Differ here and can't exclude additional Changes in this File but IIRC Builder is the first Unit the OverAll-CONF-Structure import and if you fix that for Builder next may be Carrier which will cause same Error. The simplest Way is to make it running with BZR is to copy Empire to Empire2 and apply same Changes I did concerning about 5..7 Files (CONF only) resp adding Ware Hay. IIRC that were CONF inside=of Empire2, Farmer, FarmHay (Copy of Farm), FarmDonkey, FarmSheep.

IIRC (did not protocol Changes but are simple) Empire2 (Tribe): - adding Ware Hay into MenuItem-List - declaring Ware Hay in WareList (strange Order anyway)

Farmer (same Unit got two Abilities ("Programs") more: plant_grass and harvest_grass (Grass have to dry to get Hay) - (droped Compatiblity-Programs .. who do still need that?) - duplicated Programs for harvest and plant and added Suffix '_grass' to their Name and add them into Declaration in Head of Conf

FarmHay (Copy of Farm) - changed ID and Name to HayFarm - replaced Ware Wheat into Hay - changed Call of Worker-Ability from plant into plant_grass and harvest into harvest_grass

FarmDonkey and FarmSheep - changed replaced Ware Wheat into Hay

I hope I did not forget any Point (if then plz report). I'm surprised that Syntax of CONF for Units did change but that Change is surely an Improvement. Though I can't exclude additional Changes into Syntax I did not cover here.

May be there are about 20 different Types of Unit and I'm not sure what is simpler: the few but different Changes to 5 Conf-Files resp Copy of Folder Wheat->Hay and Farm->HayFarm or instead only remove the SFX-Lines in Head of Unit-CONF-Files assuming there are no analog changes for Site-CONF-Files about doubling that Work. Surely I could do that Changes but I can't here even test Launching it as I can't build BZR here.

In a about a Week I (hope I) can do that at Home though sadly not here and now. Are there other Changes in CONF-Syntax aside of Removement of now obsolete Declaration of utilized SFX-Files inside (actual) BZR?

edit strange Behavior of NL-Character from Forum concatinating NL-seperated Lines and more ... no Idea about (it does know BB-Code or does not know or just half and eat than NL till it don't know closing BBC-Tag ... dunno, really (^_^)

Edited: 2013-05-06, 13:52

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-05-09, 11:13

I do not want to stop anyone playing around with the conf system, but I will not let this change make it into the game as long as I do not see a better reason to do so. Saying something is not realistic and should be changed because of that is bad for the gameplay in the long term - there is nothing realistic in Widelands as there is nothing realistic in Chess. Changing the economy just to make it more realistic will not improve widelands one bit - besides, why not complain about melking tongs for spiders? face-smile.png

Top Quote
Adamant

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-05-11, 14:49

SirVer wrote: - besides, why not complain about melking tongs for spiders?

we could glue them on a board to mangage them. what's wrong with the tongs?

Top Quote
simplypeachy

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2013-05-11, 15:10

Everything is wrong with the tongs face-tongue.png

WARNING: New-style view packet not found. There may be strange effects regarding unseen areas.
_aD on IRC

Top Quote