Latest Posts

Topic: Teamplay for multiplayer

Dragondraikk

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-07-08, 21:08

How about an option to create teams when starting up a multiplayer (or even singleplayer) game? This would give more options for larger maps rather than having all of them be a Free For All.

I can see that this would probably cause some reworking with territory distribution though, but maybe that could be solved on a first-come, first-served basis?

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-07-10, 08:14

Of course that would be nice and is already planed. However I wonder what you want to say with.

I can see that this would probably cause some reworking with territory distribution though, but maybe that could be solved on a first-come, first-served basis?

Perhaps you could explain why you think so? face-smile.png

The current plans are that all players can play like in a normal game, just with the difference that they can not attack their allies. Further there will be a victory event for the players of an alliance that defeated all oposing players.

Last one is the main reason why we are not yet working on team games - Widelands does not handle any "victory events" yet.

Top Quote
Dragondraikk

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-07-10, 21:47

well, the problem I see possibly happening is that if two allies share a border but tear down their guardposts, barracks or whatever, it could cause an involuntary shifting of borders if the other player still has them in place, possibly harming your ally, but I'm certainly glad to hear it's already planned =D

Top Quote
kromonos

Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-07-11, 19:30

I think, he means something like a diplomatic menue. I would vote for this option .. Sharing ressources, lands, etc. with allied people .. would be very nice face-smile.png

Top Quote
MegaMatze

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-09-13, 09:20

Another feature that would be needed in teamplay is shared vision. Otherwise you won't eaven know in wich direction an ally lives and in wich direction an opponent.

Top Quote