Latest Posts

Topic: _pc images

Lykos

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2012-09-28, 02:19

Hi, I am currently playing around with some widelands conf files and I tried to create a fun faction which consists only of sheep by just copying another faction and then replacing all images with the sheep images and some other adjustments. But the sheep only have sheep_walk_se_01.png images, but no sheep_walk_se_01_pc.png images, but all other units seem to have those _pc images. What is the meaning of those images?

Btw, I don't consider this faction a serious contribution or anything, I just wanted to have some fun by messing around with the conf files and so I did some simple sed replacements.

Top Quote
wl-zocker

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2012-09-28, 09:41

The "pc" stands for "player color". If you look at a pc image, you will see black and white areas. The white areas will be replaced by the player color (e.g. blue) and then added to the normal image (without "_pc"). In the game, all the workers and buildings appear in blue (or red, or whatever). Sheep do not have those images because they need no player color. If you do not want to create those files, I think you can remove the line "playercolor=true" from every conf file.

"Only few people know how much one has to know in order to know how little one knows." - Werner Heisenberg

Top Quote
Lykos

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2012-09-28, 12:57

I see, thanks.

Top Quote