Latest Posts

Topic: Attempting world-specific new roads

DaggeTeo

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2012-05-01, 00:44

This may be misplaced but I figure I should mention it anyways...

The other day I was showing the game to a friend who suffers slightly from color blindness. He pointed out that the roads were nearly impossible to distinguish from the mountain terrain.

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-05-01, 15:13

DaggeTeo wrote: This may be misplaced but I figure I should mention it anyways... The other day I was showing the game to a friend who suffers slightly from color blindness. He pointed out that the roads were nearly impossible to distinguish from the mountain terrain.

Thank you for your post! It is all too easy to overlook the challenges that color-blindness brings to people's lives. I will revisit this issue and explore what we can do to the roads to compensate.

I see little people.

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-05-02, 09:09

your friend would be the ideal person to design better roads, would he not? Can you point him here DaggeTeo?

Top Quote
DaggeTeo

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2012-05-02, 10:06

SirVer wrote: your friend would be the ideal person to design better roads, would he not? Can you point him here DaggeTeo?

I agree, but unfortunately he is not interested enough to get involved.

My suggestion of dealing with the blending with the mountain would be to add a thin black border on the sides of the road. I don't know if it would look good on the grass etc though. Something that adds contrast is what would help I believe.

Top Quote