Topic: Campaigns Missing/Incomplete

adempewolff

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-05-25, 07:39

I seem to have several problems.

1) the only campaign available is the tutorial

2) in the second tutorial I stop getting new objectives after I build the quarry and the old man says "At Least. That should provide enough stone for now."

I have turned the speed up and waited, and also tried expanding to the nearby village (at which point it a dialouge says they would like to join me but nothing else happens).

At first I was using the version from the ubuntu package manager but I have since downloaded and installed from the binaries from this site and am now running build 13.

Why can't I access any of the campaigns or finish the tutorial? Any advice would be appreciated!

Top Quote
adempewolff

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-05-25, 07:59

I've been peering through the triggers and it appears the trigger that isn't going off is "Discover Mountain". Where is this Mountain: Kal'mavrath and why am I not automatically discovering it?

Top Quote
adempewolff

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-05-25, 08:22

Found my problem. I was hugging too far north as I expanded and didn't trigger the mountain. It might be helpful if someone edited that so it was hard to make that sort of mistake.

And I also answered my second question: the campaigns appear as you complete the tutorials before them.

Hopefully posting this here will not be completely useless and anybody with similar problems in the future will see this and be able to work things out.

Top Quote
adempewolff

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-05-25, 09:34

And for the quadruple post:

So I beat all the tutorials and still don't have access to the main campaigns for the barbarians or imperials. Have these been implemented yet? I was under the impression that they had been but...

Top Quote
Tino

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2009-05-25, 10:09

Hi,

you are right, there is a bug with the "Discover Mountain" Trigger in the second barbarian tutorial mission, that under some circumstances it doesn't get fired. But this has already been fixed in the current svn builds and will be available with the next release.

Regarding "man campaigns": For now, only the 2 tutorial missions for both barbarians and imperials exist. The current svn code features a third barbarian mission which focusses on military aspects (available with build14). Main camapaigns for the tribes or a tutorial for the atlanteans are not implemented (yet).

Top Quote
adempewolff

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-05-26, 03:14

Thanks for your reply, I kind of figured as much. Can't wait for build 14! Is there any way to add a repository for the updates so ubuntu will automatically update it for me?

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2009-05-26, 13:44

adempewolff wrote: Is there any way to add a repository for the updates so ubuntu will automatically update it for me?

There is no way as there is no repository. The simplest way is to check-out the source code and compile yourself. And that's not a hard thing on any Linux distro.

Top Quote