Latest Posts

Topic: Cheat 'Codes' in Single Player Mode

aSystemOverload

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2012-01-29, 23:38

Is there any way to cheat when in single player mode. I'm especially rubbish and as soon as the enemy becomes aware of me, they rush me and I can't replace the soldiers as quickly as they are being killed. So would be nice to +999 a few raw resources to get a head start on training some extra tough soldiers?

Top Quote
alocritani

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2012-01-30, 08:30

If it can help you, I found this page. But you need to compile it in debug mode.

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-01-30, 10:03

Remarkable! Maybe we should consider an "official" in game cheat system if people go through great length to achieve this.... Otoh I miss the point: Why are people playing the game if they prefer cheating through it and therefore guarantee victory. It seems like quite a waste of time to me.

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2012-01-30, 10:36

There is an easier way for giving you a head start, if you really want to (cheater… face-wink.png ):

You can change your starting conditions in the starting-condition files of every single tribe (look into widelands/tribes/[tribename]/scripting/[starting condition].lua). Means, you can change the amount of the single wares and workers that you have at the beginning. That should work without compiling, but I didn’t test it.

BTW: If you ever want to play a multiplayer game you have to keep the original dates for I think multiplayer games won’t work with modified (at least with different) files.

Edited: 2012-01-30, 10:39

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
aSystemOverload

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2012-01-30, 10:42

As the person in that article that alocritani found said, it's not about cheating persae, it's about absolutely thrashing the computer ai. And in my case, I'm particularly rubbish it would seem, at least in the non-campaign games. I mean, I was trying to build my training camp and arena and suddenly the rations stopped being moved around, so my marble miners downed tools and I didn't get any better soldiers to defend the camp. Was almost as though the ai was cheating lol, but I will be making another attempt and try to position my buildings better, so there is at least one tavern (for example) next to the mines etc...

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2012-01-30, 10:51

Don’t forget to have an Inn and a Tavern if you play Empire and have mines in different stages…

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
hjd

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2012-01-30, 19:37

Was almost as though the ai was cheating lol,

I would suggest to take some time after you have played a game, look at the replay to see what your opponent did. Try to notice:

• What sort of buildings is focused on. (Early on to establish, when expanding, for attacking, etc)
  • Which order are they built in.
  • Which problems (lack of resources) the player run into and how they are resolved.

Then, try to play a second game and attempt to replicate some of what the other player did. You should easily get a feel for what works and what doesn't and adjust accordingly. Bonus: always try to figure out why the player is doing something, like producing a lot of one resource or focusing on one building type.

As an added bonus, this is a much better long-term strategy than cheating face-wink.png

Ships!

Top Quote
aSystemOverload

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2012-01-31, 11:28

I couldn't really do what I did much different. I worked out (the hard way) what buildings I had to build in which order, without realising I can't build a saw mill because I've run out of planks (and have no saw mill to make any more) and the same with the stone mason etc... So I have the semi-optimal minimal set of buildings for empire already. I think I just wasn't bold enough to go attack the second I saw the barbarians on my border.

THIS time, as I was on the glacial lake map, I focused on moving counter-clockwise to avoid them, so I had more infrastructure before I met them, didn't delay it much longer, but also, as soon as I saw them building a second sentry near my border I moved to attack the first one, moved in, destroyed it, which destroyed the land they were building the second one on.

Then there was some to-ing and fro-ing, some quick SAVEs and more bold moves, thought I had-it at one stage, but I've now built my training building and arena. I've moved my sentrys around far enough to reach the gold which is producing. I've had a few issues in the last 15 minutes of play with insufficient bread/wine, so I've built 3 more farms and 3 more vineyards + winerys.

When I load it up this afternoon again, I'm going to prevent some goods from going into the HQ because theres a 5 roads into one junction and it's getting chocka there which I think is my main issue, so will get some of the raw goods to go into the two other warehouses (one at either end of my territory) and see if the wine can reach the marble mine more easily!

What hjd suggested was a good idea, but not applicable in my case (imo), I just needed to tweak and be a little more bold.

Love this game, far better than settlers ever was. One thing I think would be good, would be max amount of each ware in each hq/warehouse as well as the ability for you to specify the most that YOU want in any specific warehouse. Also for any building that produces raw wares to stop when the economy no longer needs that item. But I guess that would make it too easy in some cases and stops the need for the user to MANAGE their little empire.

Whoever created/came up with the idea for this, THANKS.

Top Quote
pecX

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2012-04-09, 23:43

Is it possible to higher the goods of the AI in a Savegame?

It is because the AI still is very weak (and i did turn them all to "aggressive") and makes so much mistakes, so i´d like to "help" the AI. So i can have a real fight face-smile.png

Top Quote
alocritani

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2012-04-10, 12:27

aSystemOverload wrote: the ability for you to specify the most that YOU want in any specific warehouse.

Not sure if I got your point, but it is possible using "stock here", "avoid stocking here", and "normal policy" buttons in warehouse window

Top Quote