Latest Posts

Topic: Questions about soldiers

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-05-10, 07:43

As someone who has a hard time (as in: no clue at all) to read code I am trying to get some answers here, and maybe get away with it face-smile.png

I'd be happy if some knowing person would be so kind as to explain these things, or else point me to some documentation.

1) When you start an attack - how does the game decide where the attacking soldiers are taken from? From which building, highly trained or rookie ones?

2) When soldiers flee because they are wounded -- where do they go to? It looks like they go back to where they came from, but I am not quite sure.

3) While your attack is ongoing, the vacancies in the involved military buildings do not seem to get filled until the attack is over. Is that true? And when this finally happends, it's only the warehouses not the military sites further away from the action that contribute soldiers to refill the sites at the border. Should not the military buildings help each other in this way?

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
raistware

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-05-10, 08:33

Answers:

1) There was a time when user could select what type of soldiers will be fired upon targets ;-). The game make a list of military sites on range (I hope that ordered from nearer to farest, but not sure). And start poping soldiers until desired number is launched.

2) They flee to his home, to military site where they live.

3) Not really. Until attacking soldier is alive, soldier is still living on his military site. When soldier is killed, then military site can request a new soldier to Warehouse or HQ. Timowi is working on new economy system enhacements that can make something like this (re locatesoldiers from other militarysites not only from warehouses).

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-05-10, 14:18

Ah yes --- I see. Thank you!

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
alocritani

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2012-01-23, 12:57

raistware wrote: The game make a list of military sites on range (I hope that ordered from nearer to farest, but not sure)

What "range" means, in that case?

Based on my gameplay experience, it doesn't seem related to "conquer area" but to "vision range" (that should be conquest+4 if not specified) instead.

Is it correct?

Top Quote
wl-zocker

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2012-01-23, 18:19

I think the area that soldiers are taken from is bigger than the vision range and not building-dependant.

I've observed that the soldiers from earlier-built buildings are primarily ordered to a fight (of course it might also be because the buildings are farther).

I'd also like to know more about what happens when one attacks, because soldiers' behaviour is sometimes quite strange to me.

"Only few people know how much one has to know in order to know how little one knows." - Werner Heisenberg

Top Quote
alocritani

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2012-01-27, 12:38

I looked in the code and found (if I'm reading it correctly) that all military buildings in a range of 25 steps from the place to be attacked (and able to reach it) will be considered in range.

Top Quote