Latest Posts

Topic: Game Play With Empires

Scottar

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-12-08, 07:36

Thankyou for your feedback Astuur.

Yes, this helps with some of the ambiguities. These things are not obvious in either the HTML or PDF help areas. The Wiki link is too wordie.

But there is one more ambiguity. On the HTML and PDF building help info they list a weaver building for the Barbarians but I can't find that in the building menu selection. I think I have the latest version: bzr605 No?

And the other ambiguity is the building occupier upgrade never seems to happen sometimes or it takes a long while? What's going on there? I see a place for it but it never registers in building specifics when i click on one of the structures for details.

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-12-13, 20:04

Hi Scottar,
Sorry for being so late:
The barbarian weaver is currently "unbuildable", as it serves no purpose.
It will proably be needed, once they build ships (sails!)

Hmmm ---"building occupier upgrade" ... If you are aiting for a new worker to arrive and replace the old one, -- that won't happen.
It is done "in place". (i.e. the worker is promoted after having crafted so many items.)
And that may be the point. If your worker does not do anything (let's say because his product is not needed) he will not gain experience points.
Keep an eye on the "worker tab" of the house where the experience points and the next level is displayed.
Of course this is only true for such workers, that do gain experience (like miners and blacksmiths)

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
eastwind
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2012-01-18, 23:22

Hi guys.

I just read through this set of posts and it brought back many memories to me of my own struggle with an Empire.

For my own playing I have developed a strategic plan. I have started my own website so I can have my strategies available when my ISP does their upgrades. If you want to take a look the URL is http://shachaq.no-ip.org/Widelands and the page with my strategies is found under the Empire category. The page is called Starting an Empire.

I have a buildings order in my plan and I find that is most beneficial. I make sure I have all the buildings I have listed because without them I do not get any new soldiers. Of course, you must need them to fill your buildings as has been mentioned in the other posts.

I have discovered that to increase your soldiers you must have a gold mine working and it helps to have both a Tavern and an Inn (upgraded Tavern) to ensure the correct meals. Plenty of beer and wine are also both a good idea.

I have a list of the maps I have played under the General Information category. My most recent game was with the Four Mountains map. I played against three aggressive Barbarian tribes and succeeded in taking the entire map. I finished with 246 soldiers.

This game (using speed up on some occasions) was played in one day face-smile.png

EastWind

Hi guys, EastWind here. I am a fan of Widelands. I have started my own website promoting the game with a link to this site.

Top Quote
eastwind
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2012-01-20, 07:35

Hi Guys,

I have now completed my personal page on the products used in the Empire. If you are new to the game or just would like a text listing of the products from the Empire, you are invited to visit my web server and take advantage of my efforts. URL - http://shachaq.no-ip.org/Widelands and then go to the Empire category and load the page titled Empire products listing.

Just to make it right with the people who did the original hard work for this page - A considerable amount of written information and all of the graphics on the shachaq.no-ip.org/Widelands website have been taken from Widelands.org and this content is being used under the GPL.

EastWind

Hi guys, EastWind here. I am a fan of Widelands. I have started my own website promoting the game with a link to this site.

Top Quote