Latest Posts

Topic: Unexpected Error During Game

woohoohoo

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-05-21, 08:28

Hi,

just started with Widelands Build 13, rally enjoying it. Prob is on most of the maps i try to play, i get an error message while it's loading. It says

"[src/profile.cc:340] [global] missing key 'fisher'. Please report this prob to help us improve widelands, You will find related messages in the standard output (stdout.txt on windows). You are using build-13. Widelands attempts to create a savegame when errors occur during the game. It is often, thoguh not always, possible to load it and continue playing'.

I can't load games. I notice that any games i play against the computer with more than one opponent seems to crash it, though i have managed to play 1 or 2 three player games.

Any ideas, i really enjoy the game but am bored of the normal map.

Thanks!

Edited: 2009-05-21, 08:30

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-05-21, 09:50

Hi woohoohoo,

your problem is a new one for me. I am quite sure, that there must be a problem of missing or interfering data somewhere, but that's easier to get, when we know some things face-smile.png :

• On which operation system are you running widelands?

If you are using some kind of Windows:

• Have you had an older version of Widelands installed before and perhaps even installed the new version over the old one? -> If yes, best uninstall your widelands again, completely remove all remaining files and than reinstall.

If you are using Linux or another Unix like:

• Do you use a package of your distribution (rpm, deb, ...) or do you use the version from our homepage?

If you are using the package from our homepags and you have other Widelands packages installed (rpm, deb,...) best uninstall those packages and retry playing the version from our homepage.

Cheers

Nasenbaer

Top Quote
woohoohoo

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-05-21, 17:23

Hi nasenbaer,

I use Ubuntu 8.10. WL was on my distribution, but only build 12. That worked fine, but i wanted build 13 so i downloaded it from the place you suggested above.

Maybe best i reinstall? face-sad.png

Thanks!

Edited: 2009-05-21, 17:24

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2009-05-21, 17:29

Remove (completely) build12 and it shall work then.

I cannot say for sure, but usually that's the problem. Note that you must remove the game completely. This includes all data and binaries, possibly along with contents of $HOME/.widelands

Although you can keep your savegames and maps. Just all data (tribes, worlds) and binaries must be removed.

Top Quote
woohoohoo

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-05-21, 18:24

That seemed to haved worked, thanks Soeb!!

Top Quote