Latest Posts

Topic: Mouse Control

WonderWin

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-05-20, 16:45

When I load game Build13-win32 it's like someone else is controlling the mouse then freezes comes back then freezes but I still have no control of the mouse. I have tried the keyboad shorts but I don't have enough to really play the game. My mouse works on everything else I have on my computer except this game. Please help for I really love this game the best!!!

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-05-20, 17:11

hi WonderWin,

what kind of Windows are you using? And even more important: how fast is you CPU?

Sound like the hardware is not fast enough face-confused.png

Cheers Nasenbaer

Top Quote
WonderWin

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-05-20, 17:37

Hello Nasenbaer,

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600) 1.25 gigahertz AMD Athlon

Once again thank you for a speedy reply.

WonderWin

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-05-20, 17:47

Hmm that's strange, your cpu speed should be fast enough - I used a 1,4GHz laptop for 2 years and never had problems, but well I only used linux and windows 2000 there...

Might it be that you are running an antivirus software? I think TinoM noted the problem, that Widelands can get quite slow in the first runs - the problem seems to be, that Widelands loads some thousand different files and the antivirus scanner than stops widelands for some milisecond for each file, to first check whether the file contains a virus....

Don't get me wrong I don't want you to disable your antivirus software completely. Such software is VERY useful on Windows! Anyway if an antivirus program is running, you could try to switch it off for the time you run widelands and check whether Widelands gets faster than.

Or are there a lot other programs running parallel, that could take a lot of the CPU usage?

face-confused.png

I really wonder....

Cheers

Nasenbaer

Top Quote
WonderWin

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-05-20, 18:27

Hello Nasenbaer,

I disabled anti-virus and mouse still does not work plus multiple freezes.

I will look for other programs but according to task manger only Widelands is running.

Thank you, WonderWin

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-05-20, 18:36

hmmm...

so now I have no ideas left... face-confused.png Anyway, taskmanagaer only shows the programs visible on your desktop. So their might be some other programs running in the background (e.g the anti virus scanner is normally running in the background and not shown in the taskmanager - same applies to firewalls, virtual drives, etc...)

Anyway if the antivirus software is not the problem and you are not running many other applications, I really don't know what else might cause the problems.

Perhaps you could try the newest version from http://widelands.8-schuss.de - but I am not sure if that will change anything... face-confused.png

Cheers Nasenbaer

Top Quote