Latest Posts

Topic: Page Up/Down don't work

Asha

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2011-09-07, 23:18

Hello ! I'm playing widelands for a few day... really great game, but I have an issue. I'm playing on my laptop for which page up / down are placed on the numpad keyboard... and don't work to manage game speed. I checked of course numlock, tried alternative for mac book (fn+up), and anything else I thought about ( "+", up, ctrl up...). Nothing to do, I can't speed up the game. Has anybody meet same trouble ? Any workaround for this issue ? I'm not going to have enough patience to continue playing at in an eternal slow mode...

Please save me !

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-09-08, 06:49

Hello Asha -- Welcome to the forum!
As you rightly suspect already it's probably the keyboard itself and the fact that you must use the numpad keys for page up and down.
I use an ergonomic Cherry keyboard on a destop PC with an extra numpad that I can place to the left or the right of the main keybord, and I have this issue since I started with Widelands. BTW - Widelands only. I never experienced this with any other program or game on Windows.
I must use the PgUp and PgDn keys on the main keyboard; the others on the num block don't work.
This may be related to this bugreport.
On the other hand I know that some programmers use notebooks too, and I expect they would have noticed if this was a bug with all devices that don't have the main PgUp, PgDn, Ins, Del, Home, End and Cursor keys block.
Please give us the brand and type of this laptop in question and the operating system; it may help. Otherwise please consider a bug report for this issue. It ensures your problem reaches the right people and will not be forgotten.
I am unfortunately not able to give any further clues on this. So others will have to give you the technical answer.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
wizulis

Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2011-10-06, 21:02

Question, you are playing widelands on Linux, Windows or Mac?

Top Quote
borim

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2011-10-07, 17:03

I hardly belive that the OS make any difference, as the numpad keys were simply ignored ;) the fix for this bug is merged into the main(trunk) branch. So you can use a nightly build and the numpad keys will work. Or you can wait for build 17, but do not ask me when it will be released.

Top Quote