Latest Posts

Topic: Widelands deletes backup folder

RWise

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-05-10, 15:00

This is not the first time this has happened. I had edited maps in the widelands folder in a sub folder named backupmaps. When I get a new version I go into the folder and delete everything except my back up folder with my maps in it. Then install the game to the widelands folder, bang my backup folder is gone! #%$&^!! Fortunately I do have most of them on a back up CD,,,,,

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-05-10, 15:15

On what OS are you using Widelands? For me it sounds like you are using Windows...

The windows installer is set up to delete all contense of "tribes", "worlds" and perhaps "maps" (but for last I am not sure) before updating an existing version. This is to ensure Widelands only uses up to date data and no remains from older versions (that could lead to crashes)

Anyway the installer should not delete any other folders. So did it delete even more files, or just that one folder?

Top Quote
RWise

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-05-10, 22:39

Ubuntu 7.10 is the OS As far as I know my backupmaps folder is the only one (that I wished to keep) that is gone, it was all I left in .widelands,,,

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-05-11, 17:17

That's more than strange - in a normal install via "scons install" absolutely nothing is changed in .widelands directory, so this can't be the problem.

So how did you install it?

Did you compile yourself, or was it a precompiled version?

Top Quote