Latest Posts

Topic: Barbarian Warehouse Remodel

chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-25, 16:57

This thread has been spun off from the general discussion in the Re-modeling Barbarian Buildings Forum Topic

I see little people.

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-25, 20:02

Thank you, I hope this will make life easier for all of us.

I want to add, that I too think the idea cellar door, is great. It looks good and suits the function of the house perfectly.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
kingcreole

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2011-08-29, 08:53

i got an great idea on how to fix that hotspot-problem, the problem is, the hotspot would be on level 1, the path to the hotspot would therefore be stairs, wich would create serious problems with the build animation i guess, the builder would build those stairs, and somehow stand ontop of them right when he builds it, create anyway?

live is my dancefloor as long as my lag works

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-29, 22:06

kingcreole wrote: i got an great idea on how to fix that hotspot-problem, the problem is, the hotspot would be on level 1, the path to the hotspot would therefore be stairs, wich would create serious problems with the build animation i guess, the builder would build those stairs, and somehow stand ontop of them right when he builds it, create anyway?

Sure, it doesn't hurt to try.
Another approach might be to put the warehouse on a smaller base, but give it a larger second story like the original warehouse.
old
Here is a copy of the map gauge I use. gauge
A sample of your latest model with this gauge KCwarehouse
EDIT - Here is how the old warehouse is positioned. Oldgauge

Edited: 2011-08-29, 22:14

I see little people.

Top Quote
kingcreole

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2011-08-30, 13:33

u´re right, even the last warehouse was build standing on air face-grin.png working on those stairs now

Top Quote
kingcreole

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2011-08-30, 16:49

heres the hotspot-problem-solved pic ^^

but i still got some weird issues:

shouldn't the bottom left piece of the building be behind the worker in the game engine? how can that be changed in the code? i guess it should be considered a bug, shouldn't it?

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2011-08-30, 17:16

IMO, do the dimensions of the warehouse not fit to the ones of other houses. I mean the door, the staircase, just about all is too big compared to the game keeper (for example) seen in the picture. One sees that it was a small picture made big, if you understand what I mean.

Concerning your last questions: It’s a kind of bug, especially if the building is very big: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/695035

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
kingcreole

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2011-08-30, 17:35

jep, that z-axis thing is exacly what i'm experiencing here, that guy in the second picture should be able to walk that road but somehow that building png gets above him for no reason... how is that solved in other buildings, does the size mater?...

Top Quote
kingcreole

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2011-08-30, 17:37

i´ll get details in soon by the way, that will make the stairs look smaller and i´ll consider scaling those doors down once more...

Top Quote
kingcreole

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2011-08-30, 17:53

that bug is realy a pain in the ähäm... anyway how can i get arround it, is there a way? the guy can now walk above the building from top left to bottomright, but not the other way... where are those settings for the z-axis stuff so i could consider fixing the bug

Top Quote