Latest Posts

Topic: New fishing rod

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-07-22, 19:53

As a byproduct from some other work, here is a (hopefully somewhat improved) imperial fishing rod.

menu

Idle

Files for download are here

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
death

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-07-22, 21:15

looks good... to busy to try it out right now tho face-sad.png

Top Quote
hjd

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2011-07-23, 13:50

Cool, though I am not sure I like the black section of the rod. I suppose it is meant to represent the handle, but it looks a bit strange. This is likely due to the image size, which is not your fault though.

Have you looked at using bazaar to send your suggested changes to launchpad and request them to be included in the game? It may look a bit intimidating if you haven't used it before, but it's not that hard once you get started. If you want to take a look at it, here are some links: BzrPrimer in the WL wiki: http://wl.widelands.org/wiki/BzrPrimer/

Launchpad on how to create an SSH key pair: https://help.launchpad.net/YourAccount/CreatingAnSSHKeyPair

Launchpad on uploading a branch with your changes: https://help.launchpad.net/Code/UploadingABranch

Edit: The forum breaks the two last links for some reason, so they need to be copied and pasted.

Edited: 2011-07-23, 13:53

Ships!

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-07-23, 14:32

Yep --- it's supposed to be a handle (pistol-grip style, to be precise).
(and I do have a version without grip, as well)
I had even added a reel, but reverted that, because it was too ugly.
Well, that's what you get when you employ RL fishermen face-smile.png

No, hjd, I have no clue what you are talking about there - never cared, never tried.
In any case I would never make so bold as to decide such a thing for myself.
We have a graphics elder, and sooner or later Alexia will find the time to evaluate this and take the appropriate measures.
(or else Chuck, later)
I have already incorporated the rod into my installation, but that is different face-smile.png
Everybody is free to do the same, if he/she can't wait.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-13, 20:13

Small contribution :
I realized that there is another "fishing rod" as the menu.png for the fisherman.
Changed that too now.

The files are here for download.

I have reworked the handle to "european style" (non pistole-grip) and recolored it to let the contrast not be too harsh.

Changed the fisher\menu.png (was too light) links updated, too.

Edited: 2011-08-14, 12:05

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-19, 23:23

Astuur, I finally came through and pushed these to trunk. They still are nice work :). We can enjoy them now in r5941.

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-19, 23:33

Thanks, SirVer. You beat me to it. face-grin.png

I see little people.

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-30, 03:58

FYI - Not to be outdone by the empire, the barbarians are now using the new fishing rod, too! face-smile.png

I see little people.

Top Quote