Latest Posts

Topic: New textured blackland quarry stones

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-11, 20:40

I have finished giving those stones a rougher appearence.

the files for download are here .

Some short remarks:

The stones1 to stones6 pictures really serve two purposes:

• They offer some variety for the mapmaker so that he does not have to use the some stone model repeatedly over and over again. At the same time it allows to adjust the blocked space indepently from the amount of offered stones.
  • They show different stages of the quarrying process, so that stone6 becomes stone5 + 1 stone after one stonemason's work cycle.

Unfortunately those two are mutually exclusive to some extent.
For showing a logical sequence when quarried, the lower stages must be a subset of the higher stages.
This makes them look alike and so reduces the variety.
I have cared more about the sequence than the variety, but was not totally strict. So this is really a compromise.
I have also tried to avoid the dreaded "bunny effect" face-smile.png

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-13, 19:16

I've been meaning to respond to this thread for a few days now, but it fell by the wayside.
Anyway, Let me state that these new textures are much more realistic and I like them a lot!

Nice work! Thanks!!!

I see little people.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-13, 19:59

Always happy if I can identify something to help with just those 2d skills that I have.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-26, 10:28

Chuck, the new texture is not yet in Tino's latest.
Would you like to "push" (is that the correct usage?) these file to "trunk" (right place?)
If you want me to follow the procedure you recently outlined, I'm willing, but I'd need a lot of guidance; so be prepared for an email flood face-smile.png

Top Quote
hjd

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2011-08-26, 23:56

Rather than pushing directly to trunk, it is probably better if push to a new branch, and then create a merge proposal for adding this to trunk. I have posted this link before, but https://help.launchpad.net/Code/UploadingABranch should explain the process of pushing a new branch.

If you join the IRC chat, people will likely be able to answer any questions you have. face-smile.png

Ships!

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-28, 05:37

@Astuur - Your new textures for the blackland quarry stones are in the trunk with rev #5957. Nice work.

I see little people.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-28, 05:42

Hm- glad I have gotten away with this face-smile.png

Top Quote