Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Game type as objective

Venatrix
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2011-08-10, 22:18

Since I know the possibility to choose the game type in a non-campaign map, I wonder, why it is just written in the message box. As far as I see it, it’s an objective. So why don’t we tread it like that?

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-11, 17:05

Venatrix wrote: Since I know the possibility to choose the game type in a non-campaign map, I wonder, why it is just written in the message box. As far as I see it, it’s an objective. So why don’t we tread it like that?

Hi Venatrix,

if I understood you correct, you want to have the objective button in non scenario games and 1 (one) entry in it, that last until the game ends ?!?

I did not check it, but normally the objectiv button should not be shown in non scenario games - simply because there is only one goal and that one should lead you through the whole game - no need to show it on and on - and even if you like to reread it and already "deleted" the original message, it will stay in the "paper bin" until end of game - easily findable as it is the very first message recived:) - and half of the win conditions send you regular reminder messages that update the status. So for me, I do not think this is worth to have one more button at the bottom blocking a bit of the screen (yes my screen is quite small face-wink.png ).

Cheers Peter

Top Quote
Venatrix
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2011-08-11, 18:18

Well, the objective button is shown in non-scenario games. That’s why I wonder, why it isn’t used. If of course it wouldn’t be there, the way to work with the inbox would be alright by me.

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote