Latest Posts

Topic: Modifiacation of Winterland Ice_flows terrain tiles

chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-04, 17:15

I like the ice animations. I feel that the two used in concert can break up any "pulsing" effect. You might try lowering the fps in conf file(s) to slow the undulations a bit. Other than that. I give a thumbs up!

The wasser (water) animation you've created is a great improvement over the current (no pun intended). face-grin.png The fps is certainly acceptable but you might try slowing it down to gauge the effect. I leave that to your discretion.

And don't feel we are restricted to just the present number of terrain tiles. If you have other "favorites", like inland water v.s. ocean, let me know and we'll see about working those in.

Great job on smoothing the looping.

I see little people.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-05, 08:26

Very well, I will experiment and give my vote for the fps rate. on those.

Done: 5 fps seems a good choice.

As for additional tiles...
please also see (http://wl.widelands.org/forum/post/5557/)

Edited: 2011-08-05, 09:06

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-08-10, 00:10

Astuur's winterland ice floes were pushed to the development trunk in rev #5928 and I adjusted the frame rate to 5 fps in rev #5929.

Thanks, Astuur, for all of your hard work. And thanks to everyone who offered comments and opinions.

I see little people.

Top Quote