Latest Posts

Topic: Chuck's sabatical & us

death

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-05-23, 20:23

Hi, I'm Alexia Death and I will be filling in for Chuck while he is attending to other matters. Those of you who have been around a bit longer my remember that I was the previous elder of graphics, but have been away for some time now and may need a little time to get into things again:). I hope you are patient with me:).

Best, Alexia

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-05-23, 20:57

Welcome back, Alexia :) So I take it, nothing serious has happened to Chuck? Good to hear that - I was starting to get a little worried... Should we take the "sabbatical" literally? A year?

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
death

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-05-23, 21:08

Chuck is trying to get back as soon as possible, so I'm standing in perhaps a few weeks but a few months tops face-smile.png

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-07-26, 15:57

Greetings, All!

I am very pleased to announce (via this post) that I have recently collected enough spare change (coins, that is) to start putting my "2 cents" in again from time to time. face-grin.png

My sincere and everlasting gratitude to Death for very ably returning to act as Graphics Elder in my absence. Alexia, once again please accept my "Thank you!" until the time I might be able to buy you a beer! face-smile.png

And thanks to all of you who have voiced concern over my "silence". I apologize for any confusion that may have arisen from my "falling off the face of the earth." Fortunately, it wasn't too bad of a "fall" and my "bruises" are healing nicely. face-smile.png

I ask for your patience as I try to get back up to speed and reacquaint myself with the project efforts and issues (not to mention the tools and techniques of the trade.)

So expect to be hearing more from me (for what it's worth) in the days to come.

VERY HAPPY TO BE BACK! Chuck

I see little people.

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-07-26, 19:05

Heya!!! welcome back chuck.

Top Quote
fraang

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2011-07-26, 20:08

Welcome back Chuck and Alexia.

Top Quote
death

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-07-27, 10:09

YAY Chuck is back! Nothing much has been happening, Astuur has been making some thing, check out the forums. And I think I approved at least one thing on tracker, but I'm not sure if it got committed, so there's plenty of work for you face-wink.png

P.S If any body in Germany wants to say hello in person, I will be according to current plans be at CCC Camp happening near Berlin 10-14th August, I will be there at least couple of days early and few days after the main event too. I will be in Wilberville village, where all the GIMP people hang face-smile.png

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-07-27, 11:52

I also will attend the CCC Camp! I will arrive Wednesday evening. In fact, a widelands meetup would be great, so I better post a quick news post.

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-07-27, 15:14

death wrote:

so there's plenty of work for you

Oh, I'm so glad I will have a "couple" of things to look at. face-smile-big.png

The CCC Camp sounds like quite a big event and a lot of fun. Sort of a techie Woodstock? I wish I could attend. I find a peculiar comfort in combining technology and nature. It brings a kind of balance to everything, returning silicon to its roots so to speak. Don't you think? face-wink.png I wish you good weather and good times.

I see little people.

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-07-28, 07:06

Happy to se you back in the work force, Chuck! face-smile.png

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote