Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Some Ideas

Freak_Nigh

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-06-29, 15:41

Here are a few ideas I've come up with...

Being able to build roads with optimal flags already placed (great for if you are quickly conquering enemies). Being told the last time someone logged on to the internet server. Being able to send say groups of 5 or 10 geologists to a site at once. Being able to send max soldiers to attack and maybe a half or quarter button too. Being able to see an individual building's productivity percent. Being able to stop the minimap from rolling over, I'd rather see a static image. Cheats... Turn on see all under ground resources, full map with / without shroud, etc Being told when another player becomes defunc, like their last warehouse was destroyed. Seeing messages on the screen without the message box, just have them fade after 10 seconds or so. Being able to destroy a building and get a few resources back. Being able to tell a blacksmith etc to leave a building (if say it is experienced and you need him somewhere else). Ships? Maybe even flying craft?

Also I think upgrading soldiers should not cost iron. I know it's technically worth it to upgrade but barely. If it was more less gold only then I'd take it seriously but right now I normally only do it way late in the game more less for kicks. Normally the top level units I do make are so far in between each other that it's comical, I already destroyed their HQ and there is just one and he probably is just going to get hung up in some small fort far away from the enemy front. If this is "impossible" then my idea would be to make it so all the requirements for building things should be easily editable universally in a file somewhere.

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-06-30, 05:58

Freak_Nigh -- this will become a very impractible threat to discuss, since it containes suggestions from all corners of the game, so to speak.
Could you not please try to order this conglomerate, split it, and give more meaningful titles to the parts?
(not time for more now, but I will come back to the content when I can)

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
chaos91

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-07-01, 16:05

Being able to build roads with optimal flags already placed (great for if you are quickly conquering enemies). Being able to see an individual building's productivity percent. both are implemented (ctrl for flags (there is another key which places the flags the other way round) and 's' for productivity)

Ships? ships are planned

Top Quote
ChemBro

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2011-07-02, 12:14

Being able to build roads with optimal flags already placed (great for if you are quickly conquering enemies).

The question is: What is optimal?

Being able to see an individual building's productivity percent.

Already implemented.

Ships?

Are planned (see Atlantean campaign).

I agree with some of your suggestions, others should already be posted to Launchpad (where they belong to).

Here is a link to the Bugtracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands

Top Quote
Freak_Nigh

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-07-02, 14:07

optimal would be just maximum flags.

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-07-04, 10:33

try placing a road and keep CTRL pressed. maybe that is what you want.

Top Quote
Freak_Nigh

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-07-06, 09:58

Two more ideas...

Make it so buildings act as experience training facilities too. Like a axe factory can have an extra blacksmith just to train him then he leaves. Make it toggleable that a farm can force the land to be unbuildable around it as if it had full crop usage.

Top Quote