Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Some ideas

Kawentsmann

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-04-20, 02:26

First the "Flag-Menu" (dont know its name, sry): There should be two more buttons: 1.) build-a-road-with-flags 2.) send-all-geologists

Second it should be able to pause/resume to build the houses. And lastly: while putting up it is not possible to see the range of the building. This would help to set other houses near the construction site.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-20, 08:31

build-a-road-with-flags

already implemented: hold down CTRL (STRG) key while ending a flag

send-all-geologists

makes no sense for me - first of all 'more geologists' does not mean 'more searched area' - the area will have the same size, so only positive aspect would be, that the area is faster searched for ressources.

In that case I prefare to have a simple, instinctive and good useable user interface over having a button for each possibility. In fact simply clicking three times the button will already send three geologists (if you have that many) face-wink.png - so I don't think that such a button is needed.

it should be able to pause/resume to build the houses

you can already do that: press "Page down" until you are in pause mode.

while putting up it is not possible to see the range of the building.

false face-wink.png - you just need to enable the option "show buildings area preview" that's it face-smile.png

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2009-04-20, 14:53

it should be able to pause/resume to build the houses

you can already do that: press "Page down" until you are in pause mode.

I do not think that's what he meant. I think it is actually that, that there's a pause button in the constructionsite menu, but it does nothing (it's just a placeholder).

I do not see as well any point in send-all-geologists, and as Nasenaber said, other two are implemented.

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-20, 19:07

One advantage: More Geologist do not leave unscanned places in the area - I usually send 4 or 5. Stopping a constructionsite could be helpful in some situations.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
Magor

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-04-20, 20:20

while putting up it is not possible to see the range of the building. false - you just need to enable the option "show buildings area preview" that's it

No, I think he means the same what I suggested some days ago: The ability to show the range of a building while it is still being built (in the construction site menu).

At the moment, you can see the buildings' range only a) when selecting a building in the build menu and b) when it is fully constructed.

And I definitively support adding a pause button in the construction site menu.

Yours, Magor

Top Quote
Kawentsmann

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-04-21, 18:53

Magor is right, I dont want to pause the whole game, but only one building in case of low materials.

The geologists: sometimes when calling multiple geos I klick the middle button and then the flag is destroyed... so I have to start again. Well, the real problem is my mouse moving skill, but I'm sure I'm not the only one xD. The Send-Em-All-Button would solve this problem.

already implemented: hold down CTRL (STRG) key while ending a flag

I only have to hold STRG... that shows how good my idea was ^^

yours, Swen

Top Quote