Latest Posts

Topic: subopimal readability of wares production statistics

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-02-24, 12:55

I have experimented with drawing a new background bitmap, but could not come up with anything that would give good contrast with all the wares graphs colors -- and I cannot change them. Still there are some easy changes that could be helpful for this.

1) change the stonelike background to a uniform color; it's nice, but not helpful
2) adjust the graphs colors so that all wares give better contrast against the background. Maybe one could even use some hatched lines instead of too many colors?
3) make the line thicker for better visibility; precision does not really count here
4) select a font color for the numeric value that gives a good contrast against the background.

Maybe someone can tackle this?
If so, I'd volunteer to find suitable RGB values for all colors needed, but I am not sure whether they will be both - contrasting to any common background and easy to distinguish from each other without the use of hatched lines.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-02-24, 16:42

To assist this discussion, I include a screenshot of the window in question:
WareStats

I see little people.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-02-24, 17:23

Great-- thanks Chuck! Especially the green nnumber in the upper right corner is almost impossible to read (at least for me).

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
raymond

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-04-25, 21:55

The stonelike background is okay, much better than simply white. Better use black or red (like the x-axis) font color for the numeric value in the right upper corner.

Edited: 2011-04-25, 21:55

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2011-04-26, 18:23

Because ixprefect asked in the German forum for it: I searched in Launchpad for a bug report concerning this topic and – tadaa – found an old one: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/536589

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote