Latest Posts

Topic: Please redesign the military sites window

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-02-23, 17:09

Hallo everyone! After some time absent I finally had the leisure to play WL again in the last few days. (bzr5837) Much has been accomplish with regard to graphics and animation. My compliments and thanks to the graphic team!

There is however one point that really drives me mad. In the window for military buildings the size of the window changes whenever you mouse over a soldier. It needs to get broader to display the HP, AT, DE and EV values. In doing so, the positions of the soldier icons change, and you easily kick out the wrong soldier!

(This is on WinXP 1920x1080 -- and I am not using any non-standard font metric; WF Font is the default one) Do you think it my be possible t have that window broad enough from the start?

There are other observations, but I first want to verify them, in order not spread any nonsense face-smile.png

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2011-02-23, 21:14

This is odd. Are you sure you're playing the latest version of trunk? Can you post screenshots? I have just tried it with latest trunk, and the military site window definitely does not change size when I hover over soldiers.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-02-24, 07:56

Hi Ixprefect, That's Tino's win32 package from http://widelands.8-schuss.de/ - so it should be a trunk, I think.

I had prepared a little .wmv (6.2MB) to show the effect, but as you still disallow any uploads here, I currently have no place to make it accessible.
In fact, I dont even know how to upload a screeshowt here.
I will make a bug report then.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
janus
Version: Build 42
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-02-24, 13:59

1st:

2nd:

Edited: 2011-02-24, 14:04

https://www.jhor.de

Top Quote