Latest Posts

Topic: flaws(?) in bzr5812 win32

k54e56

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-02-03, 12:27

I replayed the 3rd mission of the Barbarians after installing the latest available version (bzr5812) and noticed the following flaws:

• still no mentioning of beer and strong beer
  • after upgading a mine to a deeper mine the exerienced miner allocated the second slot and no additional worker ever arrived - meaning no production
  • from other mines i got the notification that they are empty - because of the not manning i did not upgrade. The relevant mines still showed between 80 und 90% production (i did not check if they really still produced)

Upraded to 5824 - all of the above remain - found a new one ... * could not turn off oxen-production (had to burn it down eventually) - i did not try with other production sites though.

additional questions:

• it see no logic which soldiers are selected to attack - neither the nearest, nor the strongest or the healthiest (it was especially annoying, to see very unhelathy soldiers being sent when more than enough with 100% health were available)
  • what happens to enemy soldiers that - after a fight - roam the country (probably because their building has been lost and/or no warehouse available. Do they lose health and eventually die (i did not watch them long enough but during that time they did not seem to lose health but when i retured a few minutes later to the area they were gone.

To finish on a positive remark: almost everything looks a huge lot nicer than in build 15 and ran smoothly; Thx and keep up the brilliant work

Edited: 2011-02-14, 08:28

Top Quote
fuchur

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2011-02-08, 13:07

k54e56 wrote: after upgading a mine to a deeper mine the exerienced miner allocated the second slot and no additional worker ever arrived - meaning no production

This is a know bug which affects every game, not only the campaign. I also had the same problem when upgrading the axefactory. As a workaround you can destroy another mine if there is a miner with the needed experience level. Then he will go to the upgraded mine. Then you can rebuild a new mine for the destroyed one.

See Bug report on launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/536149

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2011-02-08, 15:57

k54e56 wrote: additional questions: * it see no logic which soldiers are selected to attack - neither the nearest, nor the strongest or the healthiest (it was especially annoying, to see very unhelathy soldiers being sent when more than enough with 100% health were available)

I suppose that soldier was the first in line. As I said before: There were discussions how to change that fact, but it will take a while till it’s implemented.

• what happens to enemy soldiers that - after a fight - roam the country (probably because their building has been lost and/or no warehouse available. Do they lose health and eventually die (i did not watch them long enough but during that time they did not seem to lose health but when i retured a few minutes later to the area they were gone.

If they don’t make it to a road (to get to a warehouse) of their tribe in time, they’ll die. That’s the same behaviour that normal people show, if their warehouse has been burnt and they have nowhere to go.

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote