Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Ejecting warriors and management

Lars_Krimi

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-04-15, 21:01

Currently if you eject a warrior from a military building using the eject button (instead of reducing the warrior capacity) the soldier immediately goes back into the building againg. This might be a bug. But I would suggest to make it so that the capacity also goes down by one (to prevent him from returning immediately) or force him to return to either HQ or Warehouse before being able to return to that building again.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-15, 21:14

that's no bug and it's even intended - if there are still some free soldiers somewhere, another soldier will come to take the place of the soldier you send out - that way you can manage to send your soldiers to trainingssites or to other military buildings.

That the soldier directly return does only happen, if you neither have a free soldier anymore, nor can produce an new one AND no other building is requesting soldiers - so as the building requests a soldier on and on and the soldier gets free as soon as he completely left the building he follows the request and goes back... but hey that's just fine that way, as no other building seems to ask for a soldier... face-smile.png

Top Quote
Lars_Krimi

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-04-15, 21:19

Ah, sounds good face-smile.png

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-16, 11:28

When we get a way to choose whether we want the best trained soldiers to be send to that building or the rookies, this will be another tactical option. You can then replace the young soldiers at your borders with better trained ones.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
RWise

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-04-16, 13:02

Astuur wrote: When we get a way to choose whether we want the best trained soldiers to be send to that building or the rookies, this will be another tactical option. You can then replace the young soldiers at your borders with better trained ones.

This would be nice when preparing for battle!

Edited: 2009-04-16, 13:02

Top Quote