Latest Posts

Topic: Map pack addon got some red notes.

Solstice_s_Return
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2023-05-27, 16:14

Hi!

I can't quite understand why my map addon can be "known for causing synchronisation problems" or something such , as they're just maps. Moreover, they apparently didn't get published as I can't find them with any other computer than the one I initially used to create the map addon. Contents are those three maps I recently published. There were some notes about content but I suspect it cant be the reason for the problem. The Widelands version I used was possibly 1.0.5 (I have to check that).

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-05-27, 20:31

All add-ons are initially marked as causing desyncs until a moderator removes that notice because it is not possible to detect automatically whether an add-on is susceptible to desyncs or not.

To upload an add-on using Widelands 1.1 and newer:

1. Choose the add-on manager's third tab ("Development")
  2. Log in with the button in the top-right corner
  3. Read the text wall with notes about uploading, then tick the checkbox to confirm you read it
  4. Choose the add-on you wish to upload in the "Choose add-on to upload" dropdown and confirm

In Widelands 1.0, you cannot upload add-ons in-game. Instead zip the directory and post it here as an attachment and I'll upload it for you.

Top Quote
Solstice_s_Return
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2023-06-15, 22:56

Sorry for long delay. I updated my Widelands version. It was possibly already 1.1 before updating, I just didn't check. However, the problem persists. I don't know if this is relevant for solving, but I had similar problems with synchronization earlier when trying to play multiplayer games and we weren't able to solve it either.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-06-15, 23:15

Well,
please tell us which of the steps that @Nordfriese mentioned did not work for you to publish your addon.
What is the name of the addon?
Did you set a gaming password here on the page as this is the password you need for publishing addons as well.

regards
hessenfarmer

Top Quote