Latest Posts

Topic: Carriers management

hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-11-26, 14:39

Well from my perspective not having at least one type of free carrier is a bug not the attempts of the game handling it, because the game is not designed to handle such definitions.
Although our data definitions allow for a lot of things and do not crash or exit it does not mean they are suitable or working.

Top Quote
aDiscoverer
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2023-06-22, 18:11

Kontorotsui wrote:

Also, sometimes I get two carriers (first carrier type) on the road, one is sitting doing nothing, the other is working, even if there are multiple wares to move. And sometimes they work together.

Just some of my observations about the two carriers (both first type).

It often happens when a road is split by a new flag while its carrier is walking on this road. Quite often two new carriers are sent to this road then and the old worker retires on his road.
The old carrier may be walking for the first time to the middle of his road (still arriving), or he may have been carrying a ware or may have been walking back from carrying. Not totally sure about the conditions. When I try to force it, it works for maybe 70% of my tries
It also happens for the ai player. Easiest to see when its starting condition has several buildings. (You need to be a team mate or play without fog. face-wink.png )

The old carrier just sitting around on the road does not really harm, but it is at least strange.

Top Quote
Kontorotsui
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2023-07-10, 12:44

aDiscoverer wrote:

The old carrier just sitting around on the road does not really harm, but it is at least strange.

Yeah it seems harmless, yet is is visually annoying to see like 2-3 carriers (I am playing a modified version which has up to 2 human carries and a donkey) and one sitting there doing nothing.

Top Quote
aDiscoverer
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2023-07-13, 09:33

I made a bug report about the two same carriers on one road and attached a short replay: https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/5998

Top Quote
Kontorotsui
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2023-08-24, 10:15

aDiscoverer wrote:

I made a bug report about the two same carriers on one road and attached a short replay: https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/5998

Great job, a pity so far no one is fixing it, let's hope it gets fixed.

Top Quote