Latest Posts

Topic: 2022 Tournament Replays

WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-10-08, 16:09

This is a super special tournament match. Has anyone ever seen something as crazy as this?

I don't spoiler the result.

Notice that the-x picked the Nordfrisian cyan as his color, and I picked green as my color because I like it. This might be a bit confusing.

Attachment:
the-x_vs_WorldSavior2022-10.zip (3.5 MB)

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-10-08, 16:10

Mars wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Some bugs:

• addons can prevent other players from joining a match, even if the addons are not changing the match
  • build a military building, let it prefer heroes, fill it with rookies while you have only rookies, let it prefer rookies, kick a trained unit from a training building --> this unit will go to the military building even though rookies are preferred
  • hunter-gatherer-huts report "no fish / no meat" even if there is fish (but no hunt?), right after the worker joined the building
  • amazon foresters / woodcutters often ignore the kicking order
  • a multiplayer match with only two players and closed spot 1 will show that there is a player in spot 1 if you load it. Even though the spot 1 was closed.

And one more bug: If the host is only a spectator of the game, he can still vote on the game speed.

And the loading screen doesn't show the custom colors - instead it always shows default colors.

Edited: 2022-10-08, 16:10

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-10-08, 16:24

WorldSavior wrote:

This is a super special tournament match. Has anyone ever seen something as crazy as this?

I don't spoiler the result.

Notice that the-x picked the Nordfrisian cyan as his color, and I picked green as my color because I like it. This might be a bit confusing.

Especially the opening is very interesting -> though both played very high level, build oders differ a lot. Watch the start and timing ; -)

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-10-09, 18:11

addons can prevent other players from joining a match, even if the addons are not changing the match

Mitigation is up: https://github.com/widelands/widelands/pull/5599

When you enable a win conditon / starting condition / map add-on, all players need to have that add-on present. The alternative is that you select the add-on condition and then everyone who doesn't have it yet is kicked out, which is worse. With this PR, some useless add-ons (e.g. SP Campaigns) are ignored, and you see a list of all relevant add-ons before hosting so you know exactly what you are demanding from participants.

build a military building, let it prefer heroes, fill it with rookies while you have only rookies, let it prefer rookies, kick a trained unit from a training building --> this unit will go to the military building even though rookies are preferred

Long-standing known issue, whether a fix is desired is unclear: https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/1082

And one more bug: If the host is only a spectator of the game, he can still vote on the game speed.

Fix is up: https://github.com/widelands/widelands/pull/5604

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-10-14, 00:47

An intense and hard match between niektory and me was won by me in the end although i would not hav bet on it.
Thanks niektory for the thrilling game.

Edit: I forgot to mention we had a complete crash resulting in the 2 replay files. Unfortunately no useful output could be saved.

Edited: 2022-10-14, 13:10

Attachment:
hessenfarmer_niektory.zip (2.0 MB)

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-10-14, 12:41

hessenfarmer wrote:

An intense and hard match between niektory and me was won by me in the end although i would not hav bet on it.

Interesting match… Niektory had a bit misfortune with his shipyard. Looks like Amazons are the most popular tribe in this tournament?

And this map is really great for a tournament, imho. It has many possibilities and is open for different strategies, at least in the beginning of playing.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-10-14, 20:11

hessenfarmer wrote:

Edit: I forgot to mention we had a complete crash resulting in the 2 replay files. Unfortunately no useful output could be saved.

Congratulations, a very intense match : -) - little question: why did you start with stonecutters and then woodcutters and then jungle masters?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-10-14, 20:53

the-x wrote:

Congratulations, a very intense match : -) - little question: why did you start with stonecutters and then woodcutters and then jungle masters?

Stonecutters to get to the free land as quick as possible. Wooodcutters afterwards cause amazons need an immense amount of wood. jungle masters needed to wait for some free space and furthermore can be placed lately as they plant trees alreadyy as poles instead of saplings.

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-10-15, 03:08

Here's our replay. It's in 3 parts. The first one ends with the-x losing his fortification on the weak flank as he said, which he said was due to mouse problems, so I agreed to load the last autosave. So the second part starts a few minutes earlier. Then he had a crash, hence the 3rd part.

I resigned in the end, because I was about to lose my last coal mines, and my armour production had already been too slow for a long time. the-x dominated in military power during most of the game anyway, because I was too slow getting my iron production in shape.

Oh, and I made a big mistake in helping him open up the rock blockade on the Northern bank. I wasn't entirely sure about it anyway, but my thinking was that I may be able to take away some of the stone from him to weaken his military production. Looks like that part wasn't entirely wrong, because he really didn't use stone mines, only stonecutters.

Attachment:
the-x_vs_tothxa.zip (1.8 MB)

Top Quote
niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2022-10-15, 07:57

kaputtnik wrote:

Interesting match… Niektory had a bit misfortune with his shipyard.

Actually hessenfarmer made the same mistake with his shipyard. But he noticed it and moved it while I did not. Still, I don't think it would have changed the outcome even if I did. I made more serious errors.

Top Quote