Latest Posts

Topic: 2022 Tournament Replays

Seefahrer
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-09-24, 11:41

Oh, thanks for noticing! face-smile.png Yes, my computer/internet are very slow. Of course that little thing did not influence the outcome of the game - Nordfriese won just because he played much better than me. face-smile.png

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-24, 13:06

Nordfriese wrote:

Just a note: After the game started, it hung for about a minute on my machine (I assume Seefahrer's computer was slower to load and initialize the game). I used this delay to already place a bunch of buildings. So don't be surprised why all those constructionsites appear all at once face-smile.png

I had the same situation in my match vs kaputtnik. I realized it and waited fo the game to start.
Although I agree this had no significance for this match, I generally see this as a bug as it gives an unfair advantage for players of equal strength.
So I opened a bug, and from now on doing so will be considered as bug abuse.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-24, 15:14

So, we managed to play this morning an exiting game. Although the-x has all land and resources and military superior power he did not defeated me for about 1 hr. I didn't wanted to surrender, and didn't wanted to wait for another hour so i closed the game. I don't know how to declare this game, since the-x had theoretically won, but he didn't won in terms of autocrat.

Statitics:

statistics

Edited: 2022-09-24, 15:14

Attachment:
the-x_vs_kaputtnik_statistics.jpg

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-24, 15:17

Replay of the-x vs kaputtnik:

Attachment:
the-x_vs_kaputtnik.zip (1.0 MB)

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-24, 15:41

Yes, it was a very interesting game the-x v kaputtnik - kaputtnik played excellent especially in the beginning. I was conquering all lands (i dont know if at 135 (sreenshot) the game ended or at 2:50 clock time) - then i started to build a base on his HQ which was very slowly. kaputtnik had only his HQ left and no more military sites at 2:50. Then he had to leave and just closed the game. I was surprised, cause i clearly expected a surrender or a try to counter attack. If it was closed because private issues (and also if not) we can continue the save at any time : ) it was well game but the quit surprised me

Top Quote
Seefahrer
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-09-24, 15:54

kaputtnik wrote:

So, we managed to play this morning an exiting game. Although the-x has all land and resources and military superior power he did not defeated me for about 1 hr. I didn't wanted to surrender, and didn't wanted to wait for another hour so i closed the game. I don't know how to declare this game, since the-x had theoretically won, but he didn't won in terms of autocrat.

Well, of course it is not up to me to declare the official result of the game, but I personally really can't see any reason why this game should be counted as anything else than a win of the-x.

I mean, if one quits a game, of course it is a de-facto surrender - regardless whether it was spoken out by button/chat, or not, and regardless of whatever win condition.

(I mean, if players which are going to be defeated could escape a coming loss just by quitting the game before the final end and this would get counted as a draw, then in the future every player who is going to lose would quit the game before the end to get 0,5 points stead of 0 points. And one could never really finally win a tournament game, because the opponents all would quit before.)

Top Quote
Seefahrer
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-09-24, 16:08

the-x wrote:

Yes, it was a very interesting game the-x v kaputtnik - kaputtnik played excellent especially in the beginning. I was conquering all lands (i dont know if at 135 (sreenshot) the game ended or at 2:50 clock time) - then i started to build a base on his HQ which was very slowly. kaputtnik had only his HQ left and no more military sites at 2:50. Then he had to leave and just closed the game. I was surprised, cause i clearly expected a surrender or a try to counter attack. If it was closed because private issues (and also if not) we can continue the save at any time : ) it was well game but the quit surprised me

Ah, okay, if kaputtnik has just took a game "break" and wants to go on with the "paused" game, I think of course he can continue the game with you until the end of Tuesday, October 4th (as hessenfarmer prolonged the finishing date of round 2).

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-24, 16:41

I can‘t watch the replay as I am on my mobile. However as kaputtnik left the game for reason not wanting to wait another hour. I will count this as won by the-x. In any case I will watch the replay to see whether the-x could have attacked the HQ and refused to do so in order to lengthen the game for building his base. If this had been the case I would consider this as unfair play and need to make up my mind about this.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-24, 19:40

Sorry for my short statement, but i was in a hurry.

the-x wrote:

Yes, it was a very interesting game the-x v kaputtnik - kaputtnik played excellent especially in the beginning. I was conquering all lands (i dont know if at 135 (sreenshot) the game ended or at 2:50 clock time)

The screenshots where taken some time before i quit the game, round about an hour before quitting.

Then he had to leave and just closed the game. I was surprised, cause i clearly expected a surrender or a try to counter attack. If it was closed because private issues (and also if not) we can continue the save at any time : ) it was well game but the quit surprised me

This can't be true because i gave you one hour to start the final attack, remembering you after 30 minutes again, and 2 minutes before i quit the game. I told you that i will do so, but you just wanted me to surrender, but i didn't do so. I told you also that i have to do some real world things, asked you to finally do your last attack so that you explicitly would win the game, but nothing happens.

hessenfarmer wrote:

I can‘t watch the replay as I am on my mobile. However as kaputtnik left the game for reason not wanting to wait another hour.

It was just tedious, my headquarter was surrounded by the army of the-x but he never attacked. Instead he talked about to open an other game on a second widelands instance while our tournament match can go on, although he knows about my limited time. While awaiting his attack my time to play was running away. During the hour, which i had announced, i did some real world things, like changing my clothes and starting the washing machine.

I will count this as won by the-x. In any case I will watch the replay to see whether the-x could have attacked the HQ and refused to do so in order to lengthen the game for building his base. If this had been the case I would consider this as unfair play and need to make up my mind about this.

Of course i had lost this game, and you all can call me childish, but autocrat is autocrat and as long i do not surrender and my opponent does not enter my headquarters (or warehouses), there is no winner.

Anyway: If the-x and me would agree to play this game further, i don't know what will happen. Again some hours of waiting, just to suggest to open another game? I guess he will immediately start his last attack, just to circumvent the discussion here. So announce the-x as the winner of this match.

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-24, 19:55

kaputtnik wrote:

Of course i had lost this game, and you all can call me childish, but autocrat is autocrat and as long i do not surrender and my opponent does not enter my headquarters (or warehouses), there is no winner.

You played a great game - it was really full of intelligent strategical choices.

The reason why i waited and it must have felt 10 times the time as you had then only the hq left, was that i couldnt take the risk to attack your hq with my rookies, especially since you have a mass bonus, if you have more soldiers concentrated - i had the possibility of attacking with 6-8 . so i decided due to my stone economic problems, the map has very little but possible stone, i put down some other buildings that gave me stone to finish the buildings from where i can attack your hq.

All in all ; ) good game

Top Quote