Topic: Bugs before version 1.1

WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-12, 21:19

Nordfriese wrote:

Edit: Diplomacy requests shouldnt pop up, they should appear first as message which can be muted?

But messages can't contain Accept/Reject buttons…

Ok. Can opening a message trigger a confirmation dialogue?

I think it's a bug that diplomacy messages can be spammed to annoy the opponent. If someone creates a bug report on Github, it will be forbidden in tournament.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-13, 06:27

Whats going on with rare tree growth on terrains other than greenland? Editor doesn't show how well they grow. I opened with amazons a blackland map and the manual shows only rare trees which grow well in greenland.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-13, 09:43

WorldSavior wrote:

Whats going on with rare tree growth on terrains other than greenland? Editor doesn't show how well they grow. I opened with amazons a blackland map and the manual shows only rare trees which grow well in greenland.

Well,
rare trees are defined 4 times. one time for each former world. (i.e. summer, winter, wasteland and desert) so instead of having only 3 trees we have 12. The amazon rare tree planter uses the best suitable combination of tree and free terrain spots, like a normal forester as well.
As the help was cluttered with the trees we implemented an algorithm to declutter which currently only leaves the greenland(summer) probabilities in the help , as the other definitions are skipped. So this isn't ideal either but was deemd better then having the cluttered info.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-19, 21:33

Is it just me or is the game performing significantly slower when a bunch of soldiers is attacking through a small gap? Watch the second part of the match the-x_Mars in high speed and see. I can't remember this rather bad performance from earlier versions.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-20, 10:53

When soldiers are standing around fighting or preparing to fight, other bobs have to walk around them. In the worst case, when there is no way around, this can impair pathfinding performance. Older versions of Widelands had deadlocking bugs instead of lower performance in this case.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-20, 12:48

Ok fine. Great that the bug has been fixed

Top Quote