hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-10, 12:37

WorldSavior wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

tothxa wrote:

If generally you prefer autocrat, then is it still not desirable for Inselkrieger Tournament version? I thought you first proposed it because of the blocking issue.

1. Autocrat would need a multiplayer test match, as it might still be possible to block the opponent from conquering the Island, according to the explanation given by WorldSavior.

I think that blocking from conquering the middle island has not been such a big issue, because for blocking you need a building - which can be attacked and taken down. The major problem was the impossibility to expand, but this problem has been solved in the tournament version with additional building spaces.

I ttried the Inselkrieger Map yesterday again, and I am not happy anymore about using territorial win condition. As it may be based on luck (everyone need to reconquer immediately to avoid loosing which may use up soldiers to an extent where no soldier is left before beeing able to recruit or train) .
@all so you think autocrat is possible now on this map with tothxas editions? I would be open for a testgame tonight to find this out as well.

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-09-10, 18:39

hessenfarmer wrote:

I ttried the Inselkrieger Map yesterday again, and I am not happy anymore about using territorial win condition. As it may be based on luck (everyone need to reconquer immediately to avoid loosing which may use up soldiers to an extent where no soldier is left before beeing able to recruit or train) .
@all so you think autocrat is possible now on this map with tothxas editions? I would be open for a testgame tonight to find this out as well.

In any way, it's a very small map, so the games will be short, basically a sprint round.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-10, 20:50

tothxa wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

In any way, it's a very small map, so the games will be short, basically a sprint round.

correct but autocrat would allow for some defensive moves while territorial would not.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-11, 00:02

after testing with the-x autocrat should work and would provide more intersting matches for round 2 on inselkrieger.

I watched Mars vs. the x and this was a nice match in round 1.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-11, 22:16

tothxa wrote:

Here's the modified version of Forest Valley. Please check whether it will be OK.

I like it. please upload

Top Quote
tothxa
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-09-12, 09:04

hessenfarmer wrote:

tothxa wrote:

Here's the modified version of Forest Valley. Please check whether it will be OK.

I like it. please upload

Done.

Top Quote
tothxa
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-09-12, 09:21

hessenfarmer wrote:

Basically I like Elven Forest very much but I don't know whether it had been used already. Using an open map is a good idea.

I thought that about 128x128 would be the best size, but Elven Forest is certainly the kind of map that I was thinking of. Maybe to speed it up we could use dual starting positions? With diagonal positions (blue-green vs. red-yellow) to give it a twist?

edit: Oops, diagonal is unbalanced. So either of the suggested teams.

Edited: 2022-09-12, 10:17

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-12, 11:38

I balanced my all time favorite Map, the River, with a lot of details

https://www.widelands.org/maps/the-river/

It is open lands as Toxtha wishes and a large and balanced map what hesssenfarmer requests

tothxa wrote:

I thought that about 128x128 would be the best size

I agree from the square, but i wouldnt do it squared but one side long and one short, so you can connect and automatically have the defense (support) bonus whenever the enemy seems to go to deep in your lands. Square will always result in one quick attack and over. gg

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-12, 21:34

the-x wrote:

I balanced my all time favorite Map, the River, with a lot of details

from a first glance it does not look very balanced. There are big differences in the stsrting positions regarding ressources and building plots, So I think the tag unbalanced is still valid.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-14, 21:41

I checked the usage of elven forests and it was used in the 2017 tournament.
In some suggestions I found last bastion as open map. @king_of_nowhere suggested it once but di not use it for a blocking issue I can't evaluate. @WorldSavior can you help me with that. If there is a bloccking issue, would woodgnome be an option. (I beleive you may block others from entering your small island, but in this case you might not have enough space to plant enough trees.

Top Quote