Topic: Tournament 2022

hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-09, 19:03

tothxa wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

Well, eventually I may find a map where Autocrat can be played.

If generally you prefer autocrat, then is it still not desirable for Inselkrieger Tournament version? I thought you first proposed it because of the blocking issue.

1. Autocrat would need a multiplayer test match, as it might still be possible to block the opponent from conquering the Island, according to the explanation given by WorldSavior.
  2. Territiorial would give a need to be able to fight early as one player gets more then 50 % you need to fight him quickly.

I checked Forest Valley again. As it has plenty of portspaces, we don't even need to remove the stones in the middle, only the sand pads so that ships can get through. It would open very interesting opportunities for the game.

If you would like to do so, I would not object but I need somebody to play a test match on it in this case.

I'll do it then. May I implement all my suggested changes from the previous post? (fewer ports, ferries, fishes)

yes please.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-09, 19:29

The game Seefahrer vs kaputtnik will start on saturday, 10.09.2022, round about 10 am CEST. Because i get some visitors at Lunchtime the game will probably not end at this day and we may need some days to start the second part.

We are both a bit busy these days, sorry.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-09, 19:32

kaputtnik wrote:

The game Seefahrer vs kaputtnik will start on saturday, 10.09.2022, round about 10 am CEST. Because i get some visitors at Lunchtime the game will probably not end at this day and we may need some days to start the second part.

We are both a bit busy these days, sorry.

no need to excuse, take your time.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-09, 19:35

Nordfriese wrote:

Another map suggestion: What about the official Long Long Way? I think it hasn't been used before, and it should be quite balanced with two players starting on the slots adjacent to the same volcanic lake. It would need HQ Hunter or a timed win condition.

good idea. However not all starting islands are of the same size. So this might make it to be Round 3.

Edit: deleted the thought about AI and diplomacy.
Edit 2: I think green vs white should be balanced enough.

Edited: 2022-09-09, 20:41

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-09, 23:09

hessenfarmer wrote:

tothxa wrote:

If generally you prefer autocrat, then is it still not desirable for Inselkrieger Tournament version? I thought you first proposed it because of the blocking issue.

1. Autocrat would need a multiplayer test match, as it might still be possible to block the opponent from conquering the Island, according to the explanation given by WorldSavior.

I think that blocking from conquering the middle island has not been such a big issue, because for blocking you need a building - which can be attacked and taken down. The major problem was the impossibility to expand, but this problem has been solved in the tournament version with additional building spaces.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-09-10, 01:57

Here's the modified version of Forest Valley. Please check whether it will be OK.

Attachment:
forest_valley_mod.wmf.zip (47.5 KB)

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-09-10, 02:06

So now we may have 4 maps, 3 of them closed and the 4th one with almost closed islands. Could we please have an open map too where you can expand in any direction and you don't know where you'll meet your opponent? Even better if it were with custom starting positions.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-10, 05:37

tothxa wrote:

So now we may have 4 maps, 3 of them closed and the 4th one with almost closed islands. Could we please have an open map too where you can expand in any direction and you don't know where you'll meet your opponent? Even better if it were with custom starting positions.

I'm not a fan of this suggestions because it sounds like very long gameplay. But in case that hessenfarmer would decide to take such a map I would say the following: Sounds like the Power Map with custom starting positions face-grin.png But yeah, it's a bit big for that. Elven Forests are not that huge.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-10, 11:12

tothxa wrote:

Yes, open maps offer a lot of different new strategies. https://www.widelands.org/maps/the-rivers-1v1/ The Rivers a classical example that open maps dont need super long time but with the gameplay you wish and its very hard to say which path you will meet first your opponent. Economy is also very good and has short gameplay (about 1hour) - i support the idea of having open maps, also shorter games and maybe more rounds played : )

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-10, 12:33

WorldSavior wrote:

tothxa wrote:

I'm not a fan of this suggestions because it sounds like very long gameplay. But in case that hessenfarmer would decide to take such a map I would say the following: Sounds like the Power Map with custom starting positions face-grin.png But yeah, it's a bit big for that. Elven Forests are not that huge.

I will have a look. Basically I like Elven Forest very much but I don't know whether it had been used already. Using an open map is a good idea. Thanks for suggesting

Top Quote