Topic: Tournament 2022

WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-09, 12:01

hessenfarmer wrote:

What about using scouts to attack?

On the original map, the line of sight is not the issue. The headquarters are just too far away, you cant attack them from the middle island. And you can't build any building on the middle island which grants you a build-space on the enemy island.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-09-09, 15:31

hessenfarmer wrote:

please upload the map

Done. I made some further small fixes: I found that the water resource was not set in some areas where I had edited the terrain, and I made sure fishes are avaialble all around the coast of the main islands.

Edited: 2022-09-09, 15:51

Top Quote
tothxa
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-09-09, 15:50

If round 2 will be territorial too, then shouldn't we make the whole tournament use that win condition?

I checked Forest Valley again. As it has plenty of portspaces, we don't even need to remove the stones in the middle, only the sand pads so that ships can get through. It would open very interesting opportunities for the game.

However I have to warn those who haven't played such a map before that having portspaces everywhere makes it rather painful to guide your expeditions, because you get the port space found message all the time. If needed we could edit the map so that we have fewer port spaces, but still all along the banks of the river, about 10 nodes apart.

I also suggest we allow ferries across the river (length of 6, or 7 to be sure).

I noticed that the map has no fishes set at all. Shouldn't we add some?

Edited: 2022-09-09, 16:41

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-09, 16:01

WorldSavior vs Hasi50: Saturday September 17th, 18:00 CEST

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-09, 16:07

Another map suggestion: What about the official Long Long Way? I think it hasn't been used before, and it should be quite balanced with two players starting on the slots adjacent to the same volcanic lake. It would need HQ Hunter or a timed win condition.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-09, 17:39

WorldSavior wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

What about using scouts to attack?

On the original map, the line of sight is not the issue. The headquarters are just too far away, you cant attack them from the middle island. And you can't build any building on the middle island which grants you a build-space on the enemy island.

Now I get it. Thanks for explaining

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-09, 17:49

tothxa wrote:

If round 2 will be territorial too, then shouldn't we make the whole tournament use that win condition?

Well, eventually I may find a map where Autocrat can be played.

I checked Forest Valley again. As it has plenty of portspaces, we don't even need to remove the stones in the middle, only the sand pads so that ships can get through. It would open very interesting opportunities for the game.

If you would like to do so, I would not object but I need somebody to play a test match on it in this case.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-09, 17:50

tothxa wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

please upload the map

Done. I made some further small fixes: I found that the water resource was not set in some areas where I had edited the terrain, and I made sure fishes are avaialble all around the coast of the main islands.

Many thanks Tothxa. I have just updated the first posts to reflect the map. We will play territorial time once more

Edited: 2022-09-09, 18:39

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-09, 18:43

Nordfriese wrote:

Another map suggestion: What about the official Long Long Way? I think it hasn't been used before, and it should be quite balanced with two players starting on the slots adjacent to the same volcanic lake. It would need HQ Hunter or a timed win condition.

Wouldn't be against it

tothxa wrote:

Maybe there will be a better win condition in another map

I noticed that the map has no fishes set at all. Shouldn't we add some?

Yes, no fish no fun

tothxa wrote:

It also shouldn't be too big, like his Power Map.

We could decrease the playable part of the map by adding lava.

How about using old maps with different win conditions than before?

+1

hessenfarmer wrote:

Now I get it. Thanks for explaining

You're welcome

Top Quote
tothxa
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-09-09, 18:45

hessenfarmer wrote:

Well, eventually I may find a map where Autocrat can be played.

If generally you prefer autocrat, then is it still not desirable for Inselkrieger Tournament version? I thought you first proposed it because of the blocking issue.

If you would like to do so, I would not object but I need somebody to play a test match on it in this case.

I'll do it then. May I implement all my suggested changes from the previous post? (fewer ports, ferries, fishes)

Top Quote